Author Topic: spring surf or party boat fishing  (Read 342 times)

Offline mikedb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
spring surf or party boat fishing
« on: November 20, 2006, 05:27:39 PM »
I am interested in finding a place to take my teen age sons surf and/or party boat fishing over Easter break.  Can anyone recommend a location of website to check?  Thanks guys

Offline Questor

Re: spring surf or party boat fishing
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 05:34:25 AM »
Assuming you're considering places where surf fishing is popular, i.e., the mid-Atlantic states, then your best bet overall will be party boat fishing. Surf fishing requires a lot of local knowledge and unless you can find a guide, it can easily be a poor trip.

With party boat fishing, the important thing is to go on the longer charters where there is time to find and fish good productive water. These boats can be unproductive, but at least they're mobile and can be moved if one spot isn't producing.

Either option is relatively poor in my experience. They both tend to run hot or cold.  One option to consider is to hire a guide for a day of fishing on the guide's boat, followed by unguided and relatively cheap surf fishing. Take a grill, a beach umbrella, and money for a full-service car wash to clean the salt from your car if you're going to drive on the beach. If there's an inlet to fish, try the inlet at tide changes because that can be your best bet. Don't be afraid to use small baits if fishing an inlet because sometimes catching a few shad can save the day.
Safety first

Offline victorcharlie

Re: spring surf or party boat fishing
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 12:14:19 PM »
No place better than here:

http://www.phuket.com/fishing/index.htm

Book a trip here:

http://www.phuket-travel.com/fishing/

exchange rate is 36.62 baht to the dollar.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater