Author Topic: Anyone else had any misfires with their 20 ga USH?  (Read 482 times)

Offline Extremesolo

• Trade Count: (4)
Anyone else had any misfires with their 20 ga USH?
« on: November 21, 2006, 07:24:22 AM »
I have a 20 ga USH and last year I tried several different shells through it and the buckhammers would not fire out of my gun.  Only 2 out of 5 actually fired.  The primer was dimpled but it did not go off even after repeated tries.  I settled on copper solids since they shot the best and went off every time I pulled the trigger.  This year my brother used my gun in a slug only area, and he took it to the range to test fire and check the scope.  He shot 3 shots with the copper solids and they hit exactly where they were supposed to.  He hunted with it the next day and it misfired 5 times while he was trying to shoot at doe.  Needless to say he was a little miffed.  Has anyone else had any problems with certain shells or brands of shells misfiring in their guns?  At their request of remington I sent the misfired shells last year and they said that the indentation was not deep enough on the primer.  Meaning my firing pin did not strike the primer hard enough to make it fire.  Is there anything I can do to make the firing pin extend out any farther?
Stop telling God how big your problems are, and start telling your problems how big your God is!

Offline presdme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Anyone else had any misfires with their 20 ga USH?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 01:47:36 PM »
Had the same problem with my ush 12 gauge. Take a file to the HAMMER where it meets the reciever. Just a little bit will do it. It lets the firing pin push futher in and wala shoots every time!! Good luck and
                      GOOD HUNTIN!!

Offline dougp

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone else had any misfires with their 20 ga USH?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 10:01:06 PM »
I have had 3 misfires with copper solids while sighting in.  None with any other slug so far, but I just got the gun recently.