Author Topic: Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40?  (Read 676 times)

Offline WVHILLBILLY

• Trade Count: (0)
Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40?
« on: November 24, 2006, 10:57:27 AM »
Hello, I have a few questions about this scope.

1.)  Will it hold zero on a 300 Weatherby?

2.)  I have seen this scope in a package deal with either binoculars or a spotting scope, and I have seen it scope only at a little higher price.  Are these scopes the same?

3.)  Is there any other scope you would suggest for someone on a budget?  I know you get what you pay for but I don't have any options at this point.

Thanks

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Re: Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 01:20:18 PM »
The scope will hold up for you.  The scope that is in the package deal is the same scope that is sold seperately.  Others that I would recommend is the Nikon Buckmaster, Bushnell Elite 3200 or Leupold VX-I.  I personally like the Nikon Buckmaster, but the Bushnell Elite 3200 is a great scope for the money also.  A little insight, Burris has been having some quality control problems lately with debris in their scopes.  We have not had any returned lately, but about a month ago, it was a common occurance.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline 31 bertram

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 01:40:34 PM »
I have had a  FF II 3X9X40  for quite a few years and it has held up great.  It has been moved from gun to gun but now resides permanently on my pride and joy, a  MK V 257 wby.  It took some getting used to the whole eyepiece being the zoom but did'nt take long to become acustomed to using it.  Looks great on my rifle.   I think you will be quite happy with it.  Hope this helps.
31bertram

Offline MS10point

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 02:41:34 PM »
I have 3x9x40 ff II on my .50 cal Encore and have been very pleased. I think it's the best deal going for the money. I have one freind that got the bino's and another that got the spotting scope and both are tickled with the whole deal. I love nikon and think that the buckmaster would do well also. I would say that you are on the right path it just comes down to personal preference.
TP
10Pt
When life gives you lemons.....go to deer camp!

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 06:05:24 AM »
What serial number range does the scopes with the debris problem fall into?

My #1 hunting partner has a Weaver Scope that developed a debris problem after 30 some years.  The scope still holds zero and he has not bothered to put his replacement scope on it. 
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 11:08:18 AM »
Siskiyou,

That I am not sure of.  We don't record any serial numbers of the scopes we ship.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!