Author Topic: 60' RM revolver problem?  (Read 518 times)

Offline Will52100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
60' RM revolver problem?
« on: November 24, 2006, 06:29:59 PM »
I know this isn't a cap and ball revolver, but it's built on the 1860 army frame and I don't know where else to ask.  I just got a new 60 RM in 44 colt from Cimmeron, this is the second one, the first had a 44 cylinder and a 45 cal. barrel.  This one is a tack drive and the most accurate out of the box hand gun I've ever owned, including my Browing highpower.  Shoots point of aim with both smookless and black powder 44 colt loads.

My loads in black are 24 grains, mag primmer, 200 grain big lube bullet, smookless is 6 grains of Unique and a standard lube groved 200 grain RNFP bullet lubed with liquid alox.  These loads work perfect in my 72 open top.

Problem is that when I went to clean it I noticed a bit of drag on the cylinder after removing the barrel.  With the barrel on and the wedge in there is no drag.  Wedge out and barrel on and there's drag, tap the wedge in and there's drag.  Enough that blueing is gone from the high spots on the roll engraving.  I looked at the frame where the alignment pins are pressed in and they show a bit of swelling.  The rebated area where the pins are pressed in is pretty thin unlike my open top.  Aparently the wedge is lifting the cylinder arbor just a hair.  The rubbing is coming from the whole section of the frame where it's rebated, not one spot in particular.

Should I be concerned? ???  I'd realy hate to send it back but it's likely to get many many thousands of rounds through it and it will be my main match pistol and sure is a pleasure to shoot, but don't want the sucker coming apart in a thousand rounds or less.

Thanks
The thing about freedom, it's never free
www.courtneyknives.com

Offline Will52100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: 60' RM revolver problem?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 07:45:24 PM »
got it fixed, just needed a couple thou removed from the upsets on the frame.  Now I'll just need to  reblu the cylinder, but can't seem to stop shooting it long enough. ;D
The thing about freedom, it's never free
www.courtneyknives.com