Author Topic: Its time to change the courts if you enjoy your sport.  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Its time to change the courts if you enjoy your sport.
« on: December 07, 2002, 09:49:04 AM »
Paraphrased From Anch Daily News 12-7-02:

[9th Circuit court ruling that the Second Amendment does not grant Americans a personal right to own firearms.]

Here is what I have sent my senators and representative:

Dear Senator Stevens and Congressman Young: This decision is a good reason to resume the process of creating a separate court for the northwestern US and for getting new judges appointed to our courts.

I'm sure you are supportive of President Bush's efforts to get good people appointed to the bench.

Please do whatever you can to reverse this silly decision.

thank you
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Courts
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 05:17:53 AM »
Dand:  I share your concerns and am about as infuriated with this 9th Circuit Court of Appeals judge as anyone can get.  But, the idjit is from kalifornica and don't know schmidt.  That's why he disagrees with everyone.  I doubt he has an honorable agenda here except his own.  Don't forget that this is the same idjit who said the Pledge of Allegiance was unconstitutional.  

Well, you are correct about the time to set up new courts and I think we are on the way to doing that.  Since we took the majority in the  house in this past election the President will have greater flexibility in appointing conservative constitutionalists to the bench, which is what we want.  

It's interesting - the 5th US Circuit Court said it is our individual right - the 9th says no.  Let the Supreme Court decide and then the dissenters will have to live with it.  But please understand that even when the Supreme Court decides in our favour there will still be an idjit buttsniff like that one who will continue to disagree - best we can do is hope for his removal from the bench.  

If you don't mind I would like to copy your letter to my congressional representatives - unfortunately they are both idjits - they are klinton and schumer.  Wish me luck.. This be Mikey.