Author Topic: Bore sighting  (Read 359 times)

Offline Don Dick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Bore sighting
« on: December 01, 2006, 01:29:32 AM »
Funny things happen in gun shops before the opening day of deer season every year.  My vote for this year is a customer is buying a bore sighter and is asking a lot of questions.  The more I talk to him the more I realize he thinks he can bore sight and not zero at the range.  Some times its hard to keep a straight face.  Now how is it you would like your bore sight, 100 ,200 or 300 yards no problem. :D  Maybe the shop could give one of those 1/2 inch 3 shot group warranties with it. ;D
Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay awhile and leave footprints on our hearts.  And we are never.  Ever the same.   Authur unknown.  In memory of my son Jonathan.

Offline sgtt

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Bore sighting
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 06:51:50 AM »
A friend of mine once worked in a now defunct gun shop in Mpls.  He said the busiest day of the yr. was the day before deer hunting opener.  Boresighting.  There is another shop here that will do it using a "laser". 
"Freedom, for some, is problematic.  It does not grant emancipation from responsibility."

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 01:59:04 AM »
I have run into some of them guys, but I don't have a problem telling them they still need to shoot in there guns. I take the time to explain it to them if they want to listen. Now of a gun is sighted in, you can see where your cross hairs are located on the bore sighter and when you get to your hunting destination you can recheck to see if any thing has moved. I do it all the time.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 03:09:48 AM »
I had a customer who bought a savage with a Simmons scope at a pawn shop.  He brought it to us to bore sight the rifle, then complained because after bore sighting it it took him a box of shells to get it zero'ed.

Clearly, he didn't know what he was doing.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater