Author Topic: Bushnell Elite 3200  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Bushnell Elite 3200
« on: November 20, 2002, 03:51:00 PM »
Sure I have some of them. What did you want to know?

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline savageT

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 03:13:34 AM »
GB,

I own a Bushnell3200 Elite on my Savage 110L 30-06.  What does the "Fast-focus" feature supposed to give you?  When installing it, I didn't notice any big difference compared to other scopes when setting it up??Also, I noticed that the cross hairs seem to be almost "illuminated" in dim light .  I haven't used it in the woods yet.
JimT
savageT........Have you hugged a '99 lately?

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 05:54:53 AM »
The fast focus feature is really just a diopter type adjustment rather than the usual fine threads for adjusting the eye piece. A partial turn of the eye piece handles the focusing rather than many turns as with the fine threads normally on an eye piece. Ain't no big deal one way or another really as it is mostly a one time adjustment for you anyway.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline COB

Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2002, 05:04:42 PM »
GB I tried to post last night and kept getting blown away.  Might have been my puter illiterate showing.  I was just wondering what the fast focus was and you seem to have answered that for the other gentleman.  Also was wondering how the optics are but savage seems to like them.  Thanks

8)

Offline COB

Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2002, 11:35:43 AM »
Well GB I guess not to many folks have a 3200 or maybe my question was just to hard for em to try and answer.  :^)  Thanks any way folks.  

Ted A. Young   :roll:

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2002, 03:21:59 PM »
Ted the optics on the entire line of Bushnell Elite scopes both 3200 and 4200 are superb. Me thinks even better than Leupold these days. Both series also have the new Rainguard coating which reduces the chances of you breathing on the eye piece and fogging it or of it fogging under cold or wet conditions.

I think you will be a happy camper if you buy yourself an Elite 3200 scope. I sure like mine and I have multiples of both the 3200 and 4200 scopes.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline TRAPPER/MIKE

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2002, 04:38:45 PM »
I bought a 3200 and it  went bad after about 20 rounds. I sent it back several weeks ago and have not heard from the factory. Had to buy another scope (Nikon) because it was hunting season. Now i'm out $200  because the 3200 was bad. First Bushnell i've owned and the last if i ever get it back. :sniper:

Offline savageT

Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2002, 12:33:19 PM »
Trapper Mike,
 You stated only 20 rounds were fired when the scope failed.  What was the scope mounting and caliber, and did you do the mounting?  What was the nature of the failure on the 3200 Elite?  How long did you own it?  Did you purchase the scope where it could be returned for a refund or exchange?

I would think that a call to Bushnell would have brought some action from them, considering that hunting season was approaching and you were in a bind.  I have talked to them and found their customer service to be excellent.  The product line is top quality.  I dare say that it wouldn't hurt to write them a letter or e-mail spelling it all out and see if they would do something for you. Perhaps an exchange for the top of the line 4200 Elite might be offered???  Can't hurt to ask.
savageT :roll:
savageT........Have you hugged a '99 lately?

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

Offline COB

Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2002, 02:53:19 PM »
Trapper I would be interested in your answers to the questions asked by Mr. Savage.  Especially since I just ordered a Elite 4200 today.  Thans in advance.

Ted A. Young AKA COB   :shock:

Offline Robert

The 3200 is excellent, really good light...
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2002, 04:20:13 PM »
At dawn or dusk...anything that I can see with my 10 power binoculars...I can see with the Bushnell, and that is saying something.  I have rifle-scopes that wont even do that.  I haave heard that the 4200 is THE BEST light gathering scope on the market, havent seen one though.
....make it count

Offline TRAPPER/MIKE

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2002, 11:36:31 AM »
The scope was mounted on a 270 win.  encore rifle, the mounts was weavers, I mounted the scope (have for 30years). the scope started going bad after about 20 rds, I noticed that when I clicked it to move it it would go further then I moved it.  I then tried a test by moving it 10 clicks up,fire a group 10 clicks right, fire a group 10 clicks down,  fire a group,   10 clicks left, fire a group,  would not even come close to where it was suppose to be.   Ended up like 8ins high  foot to right.  tried moving it one to two clicks moved all over the paper...I took it off changed mounts to BURRIS still the same.  Put the Nikon on worked perfect.  I had bought the 3200 at wal-mart and had it for about 2 months and like a fool had lost my receipt, they would not take it back or rreplace it.  I sent it back to Bushnell and they kept it 4 weeks and returned it to me and said they had fixed it. Something about it needed cleaning out,  want go back on my guns. :noway:

Offline COB

Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2002, 01:44:08 PM »
Well folks I just got my 4200 Elite, mounted it on my 22/250 bull barrel on the Encore frame and I really do like the view.  Clear and sharp.  Think I made the right chose.  Thanks for the add vise!  LOL :-D

Offline Zachary

Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2002, 02:25:07 PM »
Congratulations on buying the Elite 4200 - you just bought a GREAT scope! Needless to say, you will be VERY HAPPY! :-D  :-D  :-D

Zachary

Offline I am CAL.........

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2002, 06:03:57 PM »
:D Mr.Trapper/Mike, Since you stated you would not put the 3200 back on your gun,what would you take for it?Thanks,I am CAL...

Offline TRAPPER/MIKE

Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2002, 01:07:45 PM »
$130 and i will pay shipping

Offline Doesniper

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2003, 11:51:25 AM »
I have the old model Elite 4000 and would buy another in a min.  I have had it on 3 or 4 different rifles and its as good today as when I bought it.
Three years ago I shot in a match called the Hickory Egg Shoot in Vale NC.  The shoot consists of 3 shots @ 100 yds, 3 shots @ 300 yds, and 3 shots @ 500yds.  During a sighting in period the day before, I shot a 3 shot group around a 1/4".  I then made scope adjustments going up to 300 yds and fired a 3 shot group.  Once again I made scope adjustments for 500 yds and fired my group.  After recording the number of clicks, I turned it back the same number of clicks that should bring me back to my 100 yd zero.  I shot 1 shot at my 100 yd group and it went inside the group.  This is the best scope I have ever had.