Author Topic: I stepped the Scope purchase up.  (Read 441 times)

Offline Whitey66

• Trade Count: (0)
I stepped the Scope purchase up.
« on: December 03, 2006, 04:47:17 PM »
I posted yesterday that I had choosen a Leupold Rifleman over a Nikon Buckmaster. Upon the posting here and another forum, I received alot of feedback that I should have choosen better. I really want the Leupold because of their reputation and warranty policy. After pouring it over. I had received a coupon from MidwayUSA and I decided to upgade though I don't know how much of an upgrade. I returned the  Rifleman and then ordered from MidwayUSA a Leupold VX I. I was also able to get the Leupold neoprene Scope Cover. These 2 and 2nd day shipping and handling only cost me 6 dollars more than the Leupold Rifleman I bought by itself. Im anxious to get it and mounted for shooting. What do you all think?

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: I stepped the Scope purchase up.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 01:48:40 AM »
You won't go wrong with a Leupold, also Nikon scopes are good. The VXI is a step up from the Rifleman. You did good.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I stepped the Scope purchase up.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 04:29:53 PM »
I'd take the VX-I over the Buckmaster.  Honestly, I'm not that impressed with the buckmaster.  I can't see any difference between the Nikon Prostaff and the Buckmaster.

The VX-I is a fine scope for the money.......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater