Author Topic: as ignorant as they come!  (Read 490 times)

Offline lonewolf_one

• Trade Count: (0)
as ignorant as they come!
« on: December 05, 2006, 02:37:06 AM »
I just bought a Nikon Omega 3-9x40 Muzzleload Rifle Scope to mount on a knight disc elite. I need some help with the base ring selection and mounting however. I'm assuming base/rings are separate and I've read that if not done right it can screw things up. This will be my first scope mount on my first muzzleloader for my first deer hunting season. HELP! LOL!. Does anyone have any suggestions for base/rings? I don't need quick release as this scope will be staying on the gun. I'm assuming that it's money well spent for a good setup, but i'm not sure where to start. I downloaded a bunch of info on mounting and will be perusing that next. I would think that I need a decent gun vise, but not sure of what other tools will be required. Thanks in advance for any and all input.  ;D

Offline Zachary

Re: as ignorant as they come!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 09:01:25 AM »
I don't own a knight (or any muzzleloader), but I would recommend that you contact Knight directly.  Just tell them the general dimension of your scope, and they should easily tell you a good mount for it.

Zachary

Offline flintlock

Re: as ignorant as they come!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 09:25:44 AM »
Knights are drilled for Weaver bases, you need the medium height Weaver rings for a 40 mm objective scope...