Author Topic: Illuminated Reticle Scopes?  (Read 533 times)

Offline Slufoot

• Trade Count: (21)
Illuminated Reticle Scopes?
« on: December 05, 2006, 05:57:09 AM »
Does anyone have a scope with the illuminated reticle?

If so would you plese tell me how you like it and some experiences were you have used the illuminated reticle.

Thank you very much!
Slufoot

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Illuminated Reticle Scopes?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 09:10:44 AM »
I absolutely love illuminated reticles.  Once you use them, you will never want to go back.

My favorite illuminated scopes are as follows (of the ones that I own and have used):

Nightforce NXS - has a great red reticle, but only one setting.
Nikon Monarch - has both red and green
Leupold VX-III - only red, but still good reticle.

The one that I am mildly happy with is the Bushnell Firefly.  It is not electronic, but rather "manual."  You take a flashlight and shine it through the scope.  Then, it glows for up to 30 minutes.  However, the reticle itself, during the day, is very, very thick, kinda like the German #4 - which I don't like.  Interestingly, during the night, the reticle seems to be the normal thinner size.

The one that I absolutely hate is the Elite 4200 on the 3.4x-10x-50mm with 30mm tube.  Even at its highest setting, you can barely see the illuminated dot.

Of all of the scopes, the best one of the money is the Nikon Monarch.  Jon at the Opticzone has them.  Take a look and see.  That's where I bought mine from.

Zachary

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »
   NcStar 4x32 on slug gun. For $69 it's held together, alot of target and two deer. I turn it on and use it all day. Works good in low light conditions like in the pines.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 10:38:42 AM »
Mine vote for the money goes to mueller optics. great glass good price