Author Topic: Looking for a Top-Class Binocular with Range Finding Capabilites  (Read 457 times)

Offline JHT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Looking for a Top-Class Binocular with Range Finding Capabilites
« on: December 05, 2006, 10:55:42 PM »
Hi Folks,

I am soon going afield after a long hiatus and hope that one additional set of binoculars with ranging abilities will serve me well in most of my upcoming hunts.  To envision one binocular being diverse enough to cover the entire panoply of hunting situations would be unrealallistic.  I will be pursuing deer, varmint (i.e., coyote, badger, squirrel, crow, etc.), elk, perhaps boar and anything that I possibly can afford including a trip to Africa that I am actively attempting to put some type of formal structure to.  Primarily, I will be using both rifle and handgun.

I believe that glassware is one of the last places that people should try to save money at the expense of quality -- if you cannot see the animal, you cannot hope to pursue it.  Plus, sunrise and sunset require the best in glass and workmanship.

I believe that Lieca presently has a 10 power set of binoculars with ranging capabilities.  Give me your impression of those binoculars on the market that may fill most of my needs.  My only reservation is the fact that many new products may be held back until the Shot Show, when manufacturers put forth their new and improved product lines.

Thanks,

Jay
"Things will get done little by small."  ---  Joseph J. Venturo Sr.  ---  Joseph was my father-in-law, while he was not a formally educated man he certainly and without doubt was a very smart man, and a man who loved his children.

Offline Sandy Flakeman

• Avid Poster
Re: Looking for a Top-Class Binocular with Range Finding Capabilites
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 02:51:10 AM »
Try this link.  I've used them for years and they seem to have it all at the best prices.

http://www.bearbasin.com/binocs.htm

Offline JHT

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 09:35:16 PM »
Sandy,

Thank you for the referral.  I have just gone to their site and indeed find some excellent prices.

Jay
"Things will get done little by small."  ---  Joseph J. Venturo Sr.  ---  Joseph was my father-in-law, while he was not a formally educated man he certainly and without doubt was a very smart man, and a man who loved his children.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 11:14:32 PM »
I'd be willing to bet you our sponsor The Optic Zone will beat their price and provide better service.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline JHT

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 11:00:22 AM »
Thanks Graybeard, I'll give them a try.

Jay

Offline Sandy Flakeman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »
Optic Zone does seem to have a slightly better price.  If their service is better, I'll give them a try next time I order a scope.

Bear Basin has been great unless you need to ask a technical question.  I bookmarked Optic Zone.