Author Topic: BSA  (Read 476 times)

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
BSA
« on: December 11, 2006, 08:30:10 AM »
Just bought a 12ga. NEF USG from the local dealer. When i told him i needed a scope fer it he said he sold nothing but BSA. Said he has had less returns on them than any other scope he has carried. I bought the 1.5-4. Haven't tried it yet. What do you think folks. Did i make a mistake?
bobg :-\

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: BSA
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 08:43:51 AM »
I don't like to bash anyone's choice, but I would not spend a dime on a BSA scope. I would rather see Tasco come back than BSA.
I hear a lot of people that sell them, sell a lot of them, but quantify does not make up for quality. I doubt it will hold up long on your 12 ga. JMHO
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline akpls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 10:43:12 AM »
To be quite honest, if BSA was all that dealer sold, I'd be looking for another dealer.   :(

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 02:37:52 PM »
I have one BSA scope, a sweet 17 in my .17MMR Sportster.  Love it.  Have had no problems with it.  Shoots well out to 300 yards, just make the adjustments as needed.  I can hit a plastic 20oz soda bottle all day with mine, at 300 yards.  That's good enough for me.  I shot a fox with it at 80yards, hit it solid, wrong cartridge thou, what a mess.  If you shoot a .17HMR leave foxes and rabbits alone, their skin is too thin. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline RaySendero

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 03:03:08 PM »
Have had 4 BSA scopes.  Two had problems and the other two turned out great.  I'm surprised that there were not more returns - Have read where others have had problems, too.
    Ray