Author Topic: newbe  (Read 563 times)

Offline longjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
newbe
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:58:10 PM »
Hi folks i found this site last night,and have read 32 pages so far ;)man what an awesome site!! i am just getting back into guns after 25 years  . ive been looking every where for deals and bargains , saw the partner punp at dicks ,and then saw the made in chinia on it ,remarked. to my buddy about it ,funny because the posts and topics that i read here was a packed full of info (i did not know anything about the gun untill i read all the posts) I think that if i buy a pump that  it will be the one. my buddy called today and said that he has to sell his camo 20ga ush,with scope, sling .case all for 250.00 i know tht this gun has only had about 10-15 shells  through it . is this a deal or what? :)

Offline 3s3k

Re: newbe
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 03:01:21 AM »

:)

Lj;

If the 20ga USH is all you say it is BUY IT by far its a superior deer gun to the pump ,however thats just what it is one dimensional. I would highly recommend Remington 870 Wingmaster if your set on a pump have owned several since the 1960's
with no problems you can find many used ones around if price is a factor,you will hear people praise the Remington 870 Express
pump as equal to the Wingmaster but IMHO "NO WAY".GL

Offline longjohn

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 05:11:16 AM »
3s3k, i am   really wanting to buy the ush however  with the pump or any pump Iam not just limited to a deer gun  , if iam correct that the "bull barrel" is not interchangeable or is this not correct? if s o a feild barrel from someone here or ebay seems like a good idea, does anyone know much about the Sparton arms guns that carry the  rem name ?

Offline MI.sabot

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 07:17:05 AM »
You can get shotgun barrels fitted to the 20 ga USH frame.

However, in the end it will still be a single-shot with a Monte Carlo stock.
H&R Ultra Slug Hunter (12 ga.)
NEF SS Sidekick Muzzleloader (50 cal.)
Remington 870 Express (12 ga.)
Stevens 311-H SxS (20 ga.)
CZ 452 American (22lr)

Offline longjohn

Re: newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 12:38:34 PM »
thanks , as i stated earlier this is an awsome site , every time i visit i learn something :)

Offline MI.sabot

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 12:56:18 PM »
BTW

That's a heck of a price for a USH Deluxe.
They retail new for $279 around here.
Not sure what kind of scope's on it but it still sounds like a good deal.

It's one great slug gun.
H&R Ultra Slug Hunter (12 ga.)
NEF SS Sidekick Muzzleloader (50 cal.)
Remington 870 Express (12 ga.)
Stevens 311-H SxS (20 ga.)
CZ 452 American (22lr)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 01:34:50 PM »
Welcome! I'd buy that ush in a heartbeat. As for a pump I'd get a used 870. Ther are a ton of them out there and they are a tried and USA made product. There are a ton of accesorieoptions for the 870 as well. Got to ebay and type 870 barrel or 870 stock in the search engine. You will be amazed. If you want to do the accessory barrel thing they will fit any shotgun barrel but the 10ga and 12ga ultra barrel to that receiver. Be forewarned these guns are extremely addictive!!! Once you buy that ultra you'll like and take notice of an old topper in the pawn/gun shop and it's only gonna be $50.00 or so then you will decide to make a truck gun and wouldn't a 28ga be fun ect... If you get started in the handi rifles then there's a whole new addiction.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline longjohn

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 08:57:18 AM »
Went ot local gander mtn , they have a nice win model 120 pump for 164.99 (used) real nice and a Pardner 12ga 28 barrel full choke (used 89.99) iasked if there was any leeway on price he knocked 10.00 buuks off ,this is a nice gun for used . however Ican get the same one new at wally world 94.99 ,so thats probably get my new pardner there ,,,,,......now if i can just convince Mrs Claus ;)

Offline longjohn

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 10:51:31 AM »
Went to local shooting range/sports shop  they have handi rifle gray camo stock with scope 7mm/08 tenderly used for 229.00 and a topper 410 for 139.00 are these prices in line ? thanks dont mean to go on and on just have lots of questions :)  oh yeah man is the topper sweet or what ? what was that you said Marcus ?about being addictive

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 12:00:07 PM »
The price on the 7mm sounds pretty good.  What make/model is the scope?  Does it have a sling?  If you think you may want to add barrels later better check the second character of the serial number, I believer it must be the letter 'N' or higher (Confirm that under the FAQ section) in order to qualify for factory fit barrels. If you are still interested see if he will throw in a soft sided case to seal the deal. 

The price of the Topper seems a little high to me especially if it is used.  Remember the Topper is just a Pardner with a nickel plated receiver and a black painted stock.   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 03:36:09 PM »
I agree with Brett on the prices. You can get a new topper for somewhere in the neighborhood of $115.00 at Walmart and I think the pardner is $94.00 now. Was the topper a special model? If it was the plain black stock and nickle receiver it might be a little high. I love they grey camo laminate stock. I have one just waiting for the right gun to come along.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline longjohn

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 03:59:25 PM »
It was a regular topper the 7mm.08 was the gray stock it was nice , i replied to brett and for some reason it did not post, but check out my new post ;D ;D

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 01:48:04 AM »
I paid $229 for a used grey stocked Handi in 7MM-08 a last year.  It was a bit more than a new Handi at Wal Mart, but I liked the grey's.  I had not seen one before then and saw another a few months later.  I've not seen one since.  If you like it, I say buy it.  Even if its a few dollars more than you think its worth, it won't be next year or the year after.

EVOC ONE