Author Topic: Global warming sucks...for late season deer hunting  (Read 729 times)

Offline Two Bears

• Trade Count: (10)
  • A Real Regular
Global warming sucks...for late season deer hunting
« on: December 11, 2006, 09:46:23 PM »
I just can't stand it anymore that the weather just does not turn cold enough to give us any snow and ice for our muzzleloader hunting here in Minnesota anymore.

We always had a lot of snow and sub zero temps for our muzzleloader seasons which made it a lot of fun to go out and hunt with a muzzleloader in a blizzard. It helped for tracking and setting up for the afternoon hunts, jeepers the deer don't even herd up any more unless they are pressured into a "sanctuary" . what in the world is going on?

Last Saturday I harvested a deer in the morning and by noon it was 51 deg F. so I had to run to town and get a bunch of ice to keep the animal from spoiling before I get home that night. 2 weeks before this day I harvested a doe and it warmed up tp 53 deg F by 9:00 am and was going to hit 60 deg F by 1:00pm....THIS IS DECEMBER for crying out loud !

Normal temps here in Minnesota for our muzzleloader hunts are from below zero to maybe 25 - 30 deg F.

If I wanted to hunt in T shirts ( when it is 53 deg and I hunt in a long sleeve T shirt and fleece vest )  would hunt in the southern part of the USA.

Today it is Dec 11th the day after the season ended and it is RAINING not snowing. >:(

Sorry for the rant but this weather just chaps my a$$

HAVING A LIBERAL ALONG IS LIKE LOSING 2 GOOD MEN

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Global warming stinks...for late season deer hunting
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 02:24:22 AM »
What makes you think "global warming" is to blame and not cyclic weather patterns?
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Two Bears

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 04:06:31 AM »
It was just a "jab"at the weather for not cooperating like it should.

Offline Chuck White

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 04:22:44 AM »
I am not an expert on the weather, but since I was a kid, the weather has really taken a turn!

As I remember, we had cold weather set in, in the first part of Oct and it stayed that way until May!
Back then, most of the hunters would fight to make the drive rather than be on watch!
Last year, I mowed my lawn for the last time, in the middle of November!

This hunting season, I think we missed the RUT, I never saw a buck in the woods or hanging in someones yard that had a swolen neck!

MAYBE THE HUNTING SEASON DATES NEED TO BE SHIFTED LIKE THEY ARE IN THE SOUTH!
Now we start hunting on the 27th of September and end on the second Sunday following the first Saturday in December!
Maybe start at the end of October and end in the middle of February!
Chuck White
USAF Retired, Life Member, NRA & NAHC
Don't matter what gun you use,
just get good with it!

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 04:46:41 AM »
No matter what has caused it,it has changed.I'm like Chuck,in mid oct used to be hunting in snow squalls.We did our beef butchering thanksgiving week which is our 1st week of rifle buck season here,and it was cold!Sometimes only got up to teens in daytime.
 Just a side note,I chased a nice 8pt this year and saw him first time on 4th day,did'nt shoot him as it was 70 and only down to 53 at night.Two days later it turned colder so did get a spike to put in freezer!Saw the big boy last evening in my yard!He is on high alert and very jumpy.Maybe next year if he makes it.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 01:52:34 AM »
It is the earths natural cycle, not global worming. The earth as gone from a slow warm up to a slow cool down.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 02:53:47 AM »
It is the earths natural cycle, not global worming. The earth as gone from a slow warm up to a slow cool down.

ditto Redhawk........A few months ago I had a  PHD from the local college tell me there just wasn't enough proof that "global" warming was occuring.........in true college form he told me more study on the subject was needed. 

Sorry for the sarcasm, but the liberal left, using the argument that man is responsible for "global warming" has created an agency that has assumed power not given by the constitution and regulated us to the point a fellow can't burn a pile of leaves in the back yard. 

Using the term "global warming" helps mainstream the ideology.

My guess is that the people who live in the Ozarks would say that global cooling is occurring!

I think a weatherman's job would be a good one........everyone expects them to be wrong most of the time! ???
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Two Bears

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 04:50:30 AM »
Farm animals produce 20 - 25% of the green house gases that are messing with the earths air too so one can't blame just man.

Anyway this post was just a jab at the weather because it was not cooperating with our northern hunting expierience and not a true statement against global warming.

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 08:51:43 AM »
You think that's bad, its 72 here in Miss. Great hunting weather!! :(

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 03:38:06 PM »
can you send some global warming up here in Maine. I am freezing! Seroiusly, Global climate change is a constant cycle. Remember in the seventies. Pollution is clouding the atmosphere and we are going to have a Ice Age. Now it is the reverse. They are baseing their info on 200 years. a drop in the bucket in geological time. Seriously.. it is not cars but cow farts!   LOL>