Author Topic: portable ladder stands  (Read 1528 times)

Offline single action

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
portable ladder stands
« on: December 12, 2006, 06:20:19 AM »
has anyone seen or used the telescoping or folding portable tree stands? Ive recently come to the conclusion my fat rear end has had enough of climbing tree stands. what is your opinion on them worth the money?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: portable ladder stands
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 06:38:32 AM »
A portable ladder stand you say? Well that's a bit of an oxymoron, it really doesn't exist on this planet. Ladder stands are really NOT to be considered portable in the same way climbing or lock on stands are. You put them out and then leave them the heck alone until season ends when you go get them and bring them back in if you don't wanna leave them out year round. They are not for taking out to place and use and then return it to the truck.

They are way too noisy taking them out, setting them up and also way to big and heavy to carry back and forth for daily hunts.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline single action

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 07:38:57 AM »
the ones i was talking about are in the bass pro/ redhead catalog. one is a telescoping model and one is a folding stand. weigh 22 or
24 lbs. Ive never actually seen one. I have used the regular ladder stands for years. just wondering about these. I agree the old type are everything but portable

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 12:23:18 PM »
Never saw either the folding or telescoping ones.Being that light wonder how stable they would be?
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline †·ĦÙŃŦÈŔ·†

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 02:37:31 PM »
API Outdoors makes them - the Grandstand Telescoping Packmaster which is like a ladder stick and the Grandstand G-2 packable Ladder Stand which has a folding ladder (just under $300) .

In my opinion I wouldn't use either one ....

Why you ask ?

To me they look designed for just one day hunts "pack in pack out" - For the  Grandstand Telescoping Packmaster looks like it is about 2ft. over your head ( hit a few overhead tree limbs and see how many deer stick around) or trying to bend over to get underneath some obstruction seems a lil tricky with this model.

The Grandstand G-2 packable Ladder Stand  not sure I trust the "pin" type connection seems like there would be a little play there which would create some unnecessary noise ...

Just my  2 cents   8)