Author Topic: What can I do with non-N or H receivers?  (Read 481 times)

Offline lefty red

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
What can I do with non-N or H receivers?
« on: December 12, 2006, 01:53:02 PM »
I've got a couple of receivers that I can't send to NEF?MARLIN to be fitted with different barrels, but they or good and strong.

I'm thinking of just letting my gunsmith fitting some barrels (shotgun only cause they or "SB1" type receivers), and enjoy them.  I'm thinking they are safe enough for shotgun and muzzleloading barrels.

Lefty
I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

I ain't never been lost in my life, been a might confused for a month or so.....

Pilgram, are you sure you know how to skin grizzer bear.....

Don't run little squirrel, you'll only die tired....

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: What can I do with non-N or H receivers?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 02:10:25 PM »
If you check the FAQ's you should be able to date them, you can always shoot ML or shotgun barrels on them and most likely fit them yourself. Some of the older actions came with .22 Hornet or 30-30 barrels in addittion to a shotgun barrels as a combo and some of the older actions were offered by the company with 45-70, .22 Hornet or 30-30 barrels. Just try any of your current shotgun barrels on those recievers and see if one of them by chance fits. If not there ar those here that can help you with "barrel fitting 101". You can get all the needed info in the FAQ's also....<><.... :)

P.S. it looks as if you are set for your second star (they used to be bullets) after only 7 more posts, a big occurance, but check out Quicks post count, soon to be 10,000!!! No one knows what will happen to the counter since no one has ever had a post count that high, and to think he's one of us, a washashore Handiholic!!!!....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lefty red

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 02:49:42 PM »
I'm not touching those barrels!  You got the last gunsmith project I got started!

Lefty
I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

I ain't never been lost in my life, been a might confused for a month or so.....

Pilgram, are you sure you know how to skin grizzer bear.....

Don't run little squirrel, you'll only die tired....

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 04:27:22 PM »
you can send me all your leftovers and mistakes lefty red, I love them heated up in the morning with my coffee!!!....<><.... :)

4 more and counting for you buddy!!! A 2 star man in the making!!!
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline wgr

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 12:26:56 PM »
they make great muzzler loaders fit a barrell to the reciver  turn out a breech plug  thead the breech   have it bored to shoot 209 primers  a barrell 1 1/16  fits the reciver face  purfect
never to much gun