Author Topic: 10 ga was sold. Picked up a nice little 20 ga  (Read 605 times)

Offline Ironwood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
10 ga was sold. Picked up a nice little 20 ga
« on: December 14, 2006, 11:51:03 AM »
I went back to check on the 10 gauge I mentioned in an earlier thread. :'(  The 10 gauge had been sold! :'(  Well I can't blame anyone but myself.  I should have brought it home with me the first day I saw it.  Anyway, while I was there they had a nice 20 gauge 3" Pardner on sale for $59.99.  The 20 is pretty new.  The serial number is 450 higher than the Tracker II that I bought new, just a short time ago.  The gun is very tight and clean.  It even has a Pachmayr slip on recoil pad on it.  Was $59.99 a good price for one of these guns? 
GO GREEN--RECYCLE CONGRESS

Born in the Pineywoods of East Texas a long long time ago.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: 10 ga was sold. Picked up a nice little 20 ga
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 03:41:03 PM »
You can find a 10ga like that on gunbroker. Just type 176 into the search box. $59.00 is a great bargain for a pardner in good condition. I don't know why poor people don't hunt any more. That $59.00 gun could put a lot of meat on the table. I know my 20ga did when I was a kid.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 03:56:41 PM »
You can find a 10ga like that on gunbroker. Just type 176 into the search box. $59.00 is a great bargain for a pardner in good condition. I don't know why poor people don't hunt any more. That $59.00 gun could put a lot of meat on the table. I know my 20ga did when I was a kid.

In two words... land access.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Ironwood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 08:52:32 AM »
Thanks Markus I thought that was a good price.  They had a 12 gauge in about the same shape for the same price.  Dang, a fellow could go broke from all these good prices. :)

GO GREEN--RECYCLE CONGRESS

Born in the Pineywoods of East Texas a long long time ago.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 01:48:25 PM »
Brett, I cant remember where you located but there's a ton of public land around here. I hunted and fished to feed myself more than a few times.I was spending my money chasing college girls at the time.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Brett

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 03:39:38 PM »
Markus, I live just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina.  Most of the huntable land in my immediate area is either private and off limits (except to family and friends) or is least to hunting clubs.   The public land is said to be crowded and/or full of yahoos who shoot at anything that moves. 

I have lived here for the past 4 years and so far I guess I have made the wrong friends.  :(

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 01:31:09 AM »
Making the right freinds has a lot to do with it. I hunt at some private clubs for waterfowl every year that I could never afford to join or at least afford to join and stay married. All of these are contacts I've made through work. Some have turned into pretty good friends. As for public land I don't hunt it but  from what I've seen The only time it bad is the weekends and the opener of the early season. I went to a large tract a few years back on thanksgiving day and wandered around for a couple hours looking for a bunny or two and never saw another soul.If you want to drive up to Delaware and shoot a doberman sized doe or a few squirrels you can hunt on my place.

Offline Brett

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 01:48:48 AM »
I have friends with land but as of yet no invites and I hate to come right out and ask (though it may come to that).  Maybe it has something to do with me being a 'Yankee'.  I'm not sure what the probation period is but I would think after 4 years I would be getting close to honorary redneck status.  ;)