Author Topic: THANKS FOR THE NEW LEFT HAND FIREARMS FORUM!!!!  (Read 1774 times)

Offline coyote trapper1928

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • North Country Outdoors
THANKS FOR THE NEW LEFT HAND FIREARMS FORUM!!!!
« on: December 15, 2006, 02:51:19 AM »
 8)

To Graybeard:

Thanks for adding a Left Hand Firearms section to the website!! 8) ;D   

coyote trapper1928
coyote trapper1928

Offline superdown

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Re: THANKS FOR THE NEW LEFT HAND FIREARMS FORUM!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 04:55:22 PM »
for us southpaws its good to have a place to get more info about guns that cater to us :)

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 11:16:43 AM »
I'm glad to see a southpaw forum even if it is at the VERY END of the misc. category! ;)

Offline Shoreline Trapper

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 01:17:06 PM »
Amen!! Great idea!
 sometimes we feel left out...

NWCOA,CTNWCO,CTA,NTA,MTA,NRA

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 01:19:09 PM »
I'm not "wrong handed"....but my dad is.  I'm glad you folks with the disability  ;) finally found a support group.

I never really realized how hard it was to find a lefty rifle until I started looking for one for my dad.
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline jbtazgrabber

• Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 05:30:43 AM »
the better half is a south paw its not all bad ...like when we hunt togeter there not any question on whos shoting where she takes left i take right see nothing to it.......thanks for the south paw forum.... ;D..jb

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 06:00:19 AM »
I have observed that other than this thread with folks thanking me for the forum that it's not really being used. If you guys really  want it please post to it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline db22

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 02:55:27 AM »
Graybeard: I've been participating in this forum for a couple of months, becuase it's a place to learn about NEF single-shots -- because I'm left-handed. I never scrolled down to the bottom before today, and just by accident. I want to add my thanks, and let you know that I'll be reading and posting in this forum, too. Thank you!!

Dave
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 08:45:28 AM »
         Well, I`ll be!    Nice to see something for us lefties.
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline BJ

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 04:12:21 PM »
I also appreciate the forum.  However, I just found it today as I was scrolling through GB.  It needs to be somewhere else or at least up higher!

Offline The Sodbuster

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »
I don't ever go to the bottom of the forums list, but I just "overscrolled" and noticed this forum by accident.  All right, a place for us southpaws!  I'll be checking this one frequently form now on.

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 04:23:36 PM »
Greybeard---Maybe there's not much on the southpaw forum because there's so #$%@^ little southpaw gear! How much can you say about the one or two models of Remington and Ruger rifles available in a handfull of calibers? Savage is only a little better. Even the top-ejecting Winchester 94 became Angle-Eject (righthanded). And when did you ever see an auto pistol for a southpaw? Aftermarket stocks for lefties? A shooting jacket with the LEFT shoulder padded? Even reloading equipment is designed for right-hand use. I've sent letters to the gun mags asking them to include southpaw-suitability ratings in every firearm evaluation they do. Of course, no reply. We're like the too-tall or too-short people trying to buy a car to drive safely. Just S-O-L.

Sorry about the tone, but sometimes, 55 years of minor frustration spills over.

Offline superdown

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 07:17:33 PM »
Toysoldier  ::) you have a point but it is not constructive to the fact that we are trying to start a left handed forum. Try adding something that will spark more interest and conversation. My stand by quote is if your are not a part of the solution you are the problem.

Thanx
        Superdown

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »
superdown---There's five other posts on the LH forum with my name, on a variety of topics.

I believe that letting the RH world know, loud and clear, what problems we face IS constructive. In another post on this forum, a request for a left-handed rifle met with the reply "I'll have to go to the back room. That's where the handicap rifles are". That's the sort of c$%# we face every day. An unpleasant but intelligent man once said "Anything worth saying should be said in an annoying manner, because people will not trouble themselves about that which does not trouble them."

Gee-whiz golly-gosh, I got a new Savage in .300WSM, and it's real nice! It was also one of two left-handed rifles at a large gun show, the other being a used Savage in .300Winchester magnum. I really love the walnut-finished hardwood stock and blue finish. I'd better, 'cause I won't find much else.

Gun makers claim they don't sell enough LH guns to justify much production. Well, when there's very little to choose from, shooters won't buy much.

Highpower matches that require military rifles leave southpaws coping with rifles that are unsafe to shoot left-handed. Why am I not interested in this sport?

Glock pistols have a magazine release button that sits right under my trigger finger when held left-handed. Why haven't I bought a Glock?

And you know, it's not just left-handed people who have a problem. A small but significant percentage of right-handers are left eye dominant, and should be shooting left-handed. My daughter is one, and she'll be getting my southpaw guns, including the .36 flintlock with cast-on stock I made for myself, and the Lyman Great Plains LH flintlock that they no longer catalog.

Offline The Sodbuster

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 12:41:59 PM »
ToySoldier wrote:
I've sent letters to the gun mags asking them to include southpaw-suitability ratings in every firearm evaluation they do. Of course, no reply.

Amen to that, brother!  I've recently read reviews of TC's new Icon and Colt's new I-Bolt (I think that's what they're calling it).  Nowhere in the article did it mention whether it came in left-handed or not.  If it doesn't, they should mention that.  I know there's a lot of lefties that get by with righty rifles.  I will not.  Way I figure it, if we're not buying 'em, they won't be making 'em.

What is it lefties want in a rifle?  We want the same things rightys can get.  I'm glad Browning, Ruger, Remington, Savage, Tika, Sako, Stag Arms and Weatherby offer lefty rifles.  But it's always disappointing when I look at models other than the plain old, standard version in the usual calibers (.223, .22-250, .270, .30-06, & 7mm mag) and see it's not offered in left-hand configuration.  A plague upon the houses of TC, Colt, Mossberg, Howa, and others for offering nothing for southpaws.

Offline kody

• Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 07:40:44 PM »
Superdown and Greybeard both miss the point.The lefties out there are as interested in this column as right-handers. When you put up with what we have to [and they don't] you can sympathise with small women that can't find fashion in the teeny-bopper section. What kind of comments are desired? Try putting this forum on the top line,it won't take much space, you might be surprised and pleased ,the noisy majority won't even notice and you will have done a good thing. Here's an item--- WTS Savage M12VBSSL 22-250 80 shots fired. I'm a re-tread LH [Rt -eyed unwilling LH] that couldn't adjust to a LH bolt action . Buy my gun or trade me an equivalent value NEF package [.22-250, .243, .50 ML, cin. lam. straight stock or whatever . Thank you, KODY

Offline superdown

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 09:08:44 AM »
Kody , I think i see your point although a little hard to decipher my only intention was and is to keep things constructive. I am not sure whether you were just making an example or what? so as a reminder we are not allowed to post firearms or other items for sale in the discussion forums . superdown 
Here's an item--- WTS Savage M12VBSSL 22-250 80 shots fired. I'm a re-tread LH [Rt -eyed unwilling LH] that couldn't adjust to a LH bolt action . Buy my gun or trade me an equivalent value NEF package [.22-250, .243, .50 ML, cin. lam. straight stock or whatever . Thank you, KODY