Author Topic: Sightron scopes  (Read 671 times)

Offline Rat Rod Mac

• Trade Count: (0)
Sightron scopes
« on: December 16, 2006, 05:02:19 AM »
Am thinking of putting a new scope on an inline muzzleloader in the 1.5 x 6 power range. Have mainly used Leupold and Burris in the past, but this Sightron scope has caught my eye and I was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with one. How good are they and what do they compare with,,, Nikon, Bushnell, Weaver, Leupold,, Etc, Etc... Any comments pro or con would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.  RRM

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Sightron scopes
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 06:13:38 PM »
I have a Sightron SII in 3X9X42.  I believe it is an excellent scope - great optics and passes all the "scope tests" (shooting the box, same POI through all powers, etc) with flying colors. I do not freeze my scopes and then put them in boiling water or things like that!  I also own Burris FFII's, Nikon Buckmaster and Monarch, Bushnell 3200's and 4200's, some Leupold M8 fixed powers, and many other Redfields, Bausch & Lombs, Muelllers, and less expensive scopes.  All I can tell you is I feel the Sightron is as good as any of my other scopes.  They also have a great warranty.  I would sure buy another. I have no experience with the SI's or III's.  There really are a lot of great scopes and scope values on the market nowadays IMO. For hunting, I have mostly been using the Bushnell 4200's because I think they are excellent in every way (eye relief works fine for me, although some feel they are short) and the Rainguard feature clinches the deal for me.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline bigjeepman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Sightron scopes
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 12:42:41 PM »
I have three Sightron products. I have a SII 3-12x42 Mildot, a SII 4-16x42 Mildot (both satin black finishes), and I have Sightron SII WP 12x42 binos. I will agree 100% on everything Cement Man said. I have had these products going on three years and absolutely have no complaints or problems. I bought the first scope listed because it was on sale ($100 off) at the gunshop where I had just purchased a .300 wsm. The second scope was put on my .243 coyote rifle and I bought it because I liked the first one so much. I know .... a lot of power that is not needed for my area ... so I leave the scopes around the 6x setting or less. I have not used the .300 wsm very much but I use the .243 a lot. I, too, use a Bushnell 4200 on my best .223 setup. I think the Sightron scopes are very good with the 4200 being the next step up.

The binoculars are very good too. I use them when we travel, camp, drive around the country, and sometimes hunting.
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less