Author Topic: Black Powder Cans  (Read 838 times)

Offline copdoc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Black Powder Cans
« on: December 16, 2006, 10:41:56 AM »
Someone commented on the 80th Aniversary powder can so I pulled out as many different ones as I could fiind.  I know I have at least one other different can somewhere if I didn't throw it away or loose it.

Who else has different types?

Happy Holidays

Offline guardsgunner

• Contributor
Re: Black Powder Cans
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 03:18:23 PM »
  It looks like your missing a Hodgen can which should go betweenDupont and Goex. Couldn't get Dupont for awhile in the early 70's.   Curtis and Harvy wasa nother popular type common.  Ill post a picture if I can find em.

Offline copdoc

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 05:44:29 PM »
I think I have a Curtis and Harvey from my college years,  but I might have tossed it.  It is interesting I don't collect them, or at least I didn't until now.  I just had a few with a little bit of powder in some lying around. The older one belongs to a friend.  He is 81 years old but thinks it from the 60's.

It looks like your missing a Hodgen can which should go betweenDupont and Goex. Couldn't get Dupont for awhile in the early 70's.   Curtis and Harvy was another popular type common.  Ill post a picture if I can find em.

Did I get them in the correct chronological order except missing the Hodgen? 

Offline Max Caliber

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 03:24:14 AM »

Here are a few more cans. The oval Dupont can with the small pouring spout has a paper label. When I bought my first powder in the early 50s that is the can it came in. The next Dupont can is the modern can with an old style anodized label. The Curtis and Harvey can is a little worse for age. The Hercules can is a full can of original powder and was originally orange but has faded over the years.

Max
Max