Author Topic: What type barrel on the 45LC/410 Survivor  (Read 677 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
What type barrel on the 45LC/410 Survivor
« on: December 20, 2006, 10:57:34 AM »
Does the 45/410 Survivor barrel have extractor or ejector?  I wonder if that is the same barrel that will be used for the 45LC BC carbine?  Is the 45LC/410 Survivor D&T'd for a scope? 

What's the chance of it being the same barrel they use on the 45LC Carbine?  They haven't gone into production yet, maybe the Cowboy Action Shooters could make enough noise to have them made with ejectors. 

Just my ideas.

Cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: What type barrel on the 45LC/410 Survivor
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 12:25:31 PM »
The 45 Colt BC has what appears to be the same sight as the 22Lr Sportster from the pic at H&R, see pic below. I seriously doubt it will be a .45/410 barrel which has no sights, isn't drilled and tapped and only has a bead front sight. I would expect it to be a fully rifled barrel without the screw-in choke tube of the .45/410, too.

No one knows if the 45 Colt BC is drilled and tapped, it doesn't mention it on the web site, but if it's not, it will be the first current production rifle barrel that isn't, all the other rifle barrels that come with sights are drilled and tapped.....FWIW. :D If it isn't drilled and tapped, an accessory barrel could be ordered drilled and tapped with a scope rail in addition to or in liew of the sights.

I would expect it to have an extractor, up til now, all new calibers have been extractors since 2004, but that's just my opnion.

Tim

http://hr1871.com/Firearms/Rifles/buffalo.aspx

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 01:13:38 PM »
The folks at CS were not very helpful when asked about the 45BC, today.  They gave the standard answer about all rifle barrels being extractor and did not have an answer about whether or not they would be drilled and tapped.  If you look at the pics on the site, the barrels look identical with the exception of the sights.  I think they have their hearts in the right place, but I fully expect it to be less than it could be.  Just my 2 cents.
cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »
Heh heh, at least you got a response that indicated they were aware of it, the last caller got a response they knew nothing about it!! Which is probably the most likely scenario, they don't know much about it, it's also possible that it won't be exactly like what we think it will be.

If they intend for the CAS crowd to like it, it had better be a normally chambered .45 Colt, not the either/or .45/410 of the Survivor, specially considering it costs more than a .45-70 BC or .38-55 Target! ::)

Remember the 3 barrel rimfire/centerfire combos they had on the web site earlier this year, that are no longer there? They've reduced those to a run of 1000 total for all versions, and those haven't shown up yet, so they remain to be seen, also.

Time will tell. ???

Tim

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 05:10:28 PM »
Yep, that's what I was thinkin' too.  The combo barrel would have a long throat for the 45 ONLY and probably wouldn't be as accurate.  Like I said, their hearts are in the right place, but like the Whelen, they may not quite get it done.  How much longer can they keep up that 'track record' before a lot of folks completely write them off?? 
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 05:12:18 PM »
I'm hoping they get it and the 444 Marlin right, that would be a shame if they don't. :-\

Tim