Author Topic: another new gun  (Read 797 times)

Offline bakabob

• Trade Count: (0)
another new gun
« on: December 26, 2006, 08:51:20 AM »
Just bought a used 20 ga USH in exellent condition with a 3x9x40 tasco for $125.  Been trying to find a new one but they seem to be almost impossible to find now days.  At this price I am sort of glad I couldn't find a new one.  It seems they are on back order at all the dealers.  At least I couldn't find one.  The one I bought was made in 2003 which makes it a newer gun than any of the others I have in my locker.  This is my first H&R.  Hope it will be the gun I am looking for.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: another new gun
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 01:45:14 PM »
Cograts and welcome, you got a heck of a deal. Be sure and let us know how it shoots for ya.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 01:59:37 PM »
Welcome aboard buddy and heck of a deal is right!!! I think that is a GREAT price. I am sure you will like it, those 20 gauge USH's are great according to everyone that has one, but if you don't I am sure many here, myself included in the #1 spot, would sure like to buy it from you for that price..... Congratulations!!!!!....<><.... :o
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »
Congrats bakabob...Welcome to the site...Let us know how that USH shoots when you get it out to a range...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline SourMash

• Trade Count: (1)
    • BTO
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 08:12:30 AM »
Hope it will be the gun I am looking for.
If not, send it to me and I'll refund your money. ;D

Offline bakabob

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 10:49:48 AM »
hope to sight this thing in soon.  only couple of weeks of deer season left.  I have discovered 20ga sabots are hard to come by.  I have some Winchester bri's to get it on the paper with.   Found some remington copper solids and hornady sst's.  hepefully one of those will group well.

Offline bakabob

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 09:53:14 AM »
My CHRISTmas guests finally left and I was able to get to the range and try out my new(used) USH.  Shot like a dream.  Mild recoil and a trigger pull that is just right.  I could not ask for anything more.  Shot good groups with both Remington copper solids and hornady ssts.  I have it sighted in dead on at 50 yards with the copper solids and will finish the deer season with them.  Mainly beacause that is all I have left and these darn things are expensive.  I expect I will be spending many hours on the range this coming year trying various slugs before I decide which to stick with for the next season.  I intend to look into loading my own also.  Any advice on reloading slugs is welcome.  I have been loading shot shells for over 50 yrs but have never loaded a slug.  I consider this to be the best gun buy I have ever made and I have bought and sold many guns.

Offline FOX22250

• Fair winds and good shooting.....
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 08:05:45 AM »
Id love to find a 20 ga i al ready have a 12 ga and i love it and have killed several deer over the years with it.......
Theirs nothing in Heaven to test my metal so just send me to hell to hunt the Devil...........
ENCORE 22-250 BSA 6x18 - 40
NEF 223 BUSHNELL 3x12 - 44

Offline bakabob

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 03:14:06 PM »
Id love to find a 20 ga i al ready have a 12 ga and i love it and have killed several deer over the years with it.......
I tried to find a new one but everyone gave me the same answer, Back Ordered.  I even called H&R and they said the same thing.  They are way behind manufacuring them.  It seems the 20ga is gaining in popularity.  It was just blind luck that I found this one.