Author Topic: Ideas for post hunting season cleanup of my USH  (Read 394 times)

Offline navyredneck

• Trade Count: (1)
Ideas for post hunting season cleanup of my USH
« on: December 31, 2006, 01:30:41 PM »
Hunting season has finally ended in South Carolina.  I killed 14 hogs.  All of the larger ones were with my USH.

The problem is that I scratched a lot of the blueing off of the barrel and I now notice some small rust here and there.  Honestly I'd really like to just POR-15 it and go with it as I have no intention of ever getting rid of this gun.  I've thought of pulling the scope off and getting the barrel coated with Gun-Kote.  I just hate the idea of pulling the scope off and redoing the sighting in.  Sighting in a rifled barrel is really expensive!!  I also do NOT want to reblue it as the blueing never seems to last.

I've also seen the Camo Form Gun Wrap at http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602007-cat601049&id=0028170226906a&navCount=1&podId=0028170&parentId=cat601049&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=XG&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601049&hasJS=true but I don't know how permanent that is...

Any advice or recommendations?  I'm trying to go the cheap, permanent route with the emphasis on a durable protection from rust.