Author Topic: any members here make cannons?  (Read 826 times)

Offline soimcrazy

• Trade Count: (0)
any members here make cannons?
« on: December 31, 2006, 06:57:34 PM »
anyone here make simple cannon barrels? I'm not looking for brass or anything fancy, just something that will hold up to some shooting !! I've got a 11.5" long w/ .75" bore now. I want something bigger and louder. Let me know if you can make something.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: any members here make cannons?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 10:08:53 PM »
If you are looking for Cannons or cannon shooting supplies we recommend that you start with the folks that make this board possible, our Sponsors.   

GBO BPM&C Sponsors

Neff Cannons
Scale Model Replicas of Authentic Civil War Cannons

Brooks-USA
Quality signal cannon; small barrels, overbuilt in salute to safety and designed to speak! We are intriqued by the history of cannon and just keep adding to our offerings. Our website shows the current barrels we are making

Wesley Pilley
600 Albion Ave.
Burley, Id 83318
WesleyP9@cableone.net
Quality made cannons, Mortars, Handgonnes, Implements, Ball molds, and more

CARPENTER'S REPLICA  ARTILLERY
Cannons ranging in size from 1/2 scale 2.25" bore in a French 75 and civil war carriage to small .41 caliber cannons. I also build Beer can and tennis ball mortars

Kap Pullen
410-552-4443
kappullen@adelphia.net
We will be making a variety of parts for artillery;  Capsquares, locks, those fancy nuts for carriages, pendulum hausse's?

Parts for live steam engines; side rods (trains) valve gear linkages and whatever there is a need for

AAAmunitions
Ammunition for the new millennium means politically correct ammunition that will not fire, and is intended for the use of historians and collectors for exhibition. There is no live ammunition manufactured.  All rounds are fixed (this includes the projectile strapped to the sabot  and tied to the powder bag), and ready to load with one exception, they are "inert". Parts & Equipment - includes: rammer heads, slaplocks, lanyards, sponge heads, worms, lead shot of various sizes, sights, elevating wheels, and other hard to find items. If you need it, I probably can find or at least tell you where to find it or how to make it.

DUCK ISLAND CANNON WORKS LLC & RBG CANNONS

Duck Island Cannon Works and RBG Cannons manufacture breech loading Saluting Cannons, muzzle loading Black Powder Cannons and Custom Carriages. We specialize in naval and seacoast carriages from the early Spanish period to the Civil War era. Our cannons and carriages are meticulously hand crafted and built to the same exacting standards as their classic originals. Whether you are starting races, presenting trophies, saluting a special occasion, a member of a reenactment group, or giving a distinctive gift. Duck Island Cannon Works and RBG cannons are symbols of lasting quality.

Seacoast Artillery Company

Seacoast Artillery Company is dedicated to producing the very highest quality scale re-creations of those monstrous, mammoth, magnificent Civil War Cannons. (i.e. Seacoast Guns) Our cannons and all their parts are made entirely in the United States of America. Available now is our re-creation of the100 Pdr. Parrott Rifle, (6.4”) Model 1861

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 03:34:42 AM »
DD said it right!

You have a wide selection to choose from.  Some of these folks have been with us for a long time and have a number of well satisfied customers right here!

Send a PM (personal message) or e-mail to each of them and see what response you get.  You will not be disappointed.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Will Bison

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 10:55:07 AM »
Wow, do check out the sponsors here. Some mighty fine cannons.

Bill

Offline irishman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 06:44:15 AM »
soimcrazy-as one of the GBO Sponsors, DD and CW are steering you right. We work hard to build good SAFE barrels. You can look at "backyard cannon fun" and see a lot of what we build.

The other Sponsors here, the barrel makers, are my competitors, and they all build first class product. I have learned something from each of them. The information and experience available here on GBO from the Sponsors and members is phenomenal.

When it comes to cannon, our reputation is SOUND!

Michael
www.brooks-usa.com