Author Topic: Number 5 down. Great start for 2007.  (Read 494 times)

Offline statelinerut

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Number 5 down. Great start for 2007.
« on: January 01, 2007, 05:16:17 AM »
I woke up at 6:15 and went down stairs as usual to get my fill of java. Sat there until 6:45 trying to decide whether or not to go get in my ladder stand behind the house. Well I said what the heck, it beats sitting here until the family gets up. Got in the stand at 7:15 and a 6 point walks by to my right. He will be a good deer next year, so I let him pass. 10 minutes later this ol gal and her running buddy came through at about 50 yards. It didn't pay for her to be first in line today ;D The 243 Handi Rifle sent the 95 grain Fusion through the boiler room and she was done. This will fill that last spot I have in the freezer. It has been a good year for me. And what a way to start off 2007.

"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

"Upon a life I did not live, upon a death I did not die; anothers life, anothers death, I stake my whole eternity." Horatius Bonar

Offline lewdogg21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Number 5 down. Great start for 2007.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 06:42:47 AM »
Man I envy you guys east of the Rockies sometimes.  5 deer in a year! I'd love to kill that many.  I remember getting excited when California allowed you to buy a 2nd deer tag although both were buck tags.

Happy New Year and your story is much better than my tale of morning coffee and a trip to the bathroom so far.

;D