Author Topic: Is this scope fixable?  (Read 321 times)

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Is this scope fixable?
« on: January 01, 2007, 08:25:56 AM »
I screwed up and while cleaning a Tasco 3x9x40.  I was trying to dry out the inside after a slip and dousing in a stream- not one of my better days! the reticle got damaged in the process, a duplex type and now the cross hairs are not lined up right. the top vertical hair is crooked compared to the lower part of the vertical hair if that makes any sense. Is it fixable? Not a very expensive scope to begin with but I would still like to get some use out of it if possible.

Thanks,

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: Is this scope fixable?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 08:36:56 AM »
Well if you took it apart you have let out the nitrogen and sounds like you damaged the reticle,  in my opinion you rendered the scope useless.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 10:22:03 AM »
Toss it. Even if you found someone willing and able to fix it for you the cost would exceed the value of it and you can buy better scopes for less money than the repairs plus shipping would run you.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 10:26:10 AM »
thanks guys. lesson learned too.

I was surprised when I saw the moisture inside though considering I didn't think it really hit anything as I slipped, just took a little dunking.  this happened several years ago and was cleaning out a closet today and came across it.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us