Author Topic: BB mortar anyone?  (Read 608 times)

Offline NitroSteel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
BB mortar anyone?
« on: January 03, 2007, 04:35:16 PM »
I went to the "junkyard" again today to look for some more pieces of metal to finish my punt gun.  I ended up finding two O2 cylinders of the magic size to build a bowling ball mortar (29-1/8 diameter, right?).  I know these things can be hard to find, so I went ahead and got one of them for a friend of mine.  There is another one that I can pick up for someone if they want it.  Of course I can't ship it (well I guess I could cut it and ship it, but that is very time consuming with my tools/equipment)...

I know it took me forever to find one a couple years ago.  If someone wants it, let me know and I'll try and get it for you and you can come pick it up or whatever.  You can pay me in old bowling balls and golf balls, lathe work, mill work, 4140 seamless tubing, or blackpowder...

Thank ya'll for your help with all of my projects.  I hope this helps someone get started on a new project or hobby...

NitroSteel

Offline Santa Dave

• RBS
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: BB mortar anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 08:19:30 AM »
Now THAT required a shift in gears! ???
When I read "BB" I thought of BB as in Red Ryder bb gun.
Just a slight error in scale! What, a factor of about 85? :D
Dave
Wear Something RED on fridayTo show YOUR support for our troops! Even if YOU don't support the war!