Author Topic: Hunter Wicked Optics  (Read 634 times)

Offline dpastordan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Shooting firearms since 1962
Hunter Wicked Optics
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:06:07 AM »
Anyone familiar with the Hunter Wicked Optics' Line?  Like some feedback.  Thanks!

Offline Dennis17

Re: Hunter Wicked Optics
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 05:40:29 AM »
     I can say this. I did some research a little over a year ago and "somewhere" on several occasions I have read only good things about these scopes. I told a friend of mine and he bought one and I was nothing but impressed with the clarity, fit and finish, etc. He has had no problems with it at all and has it mounted on his 7mm WSM. Like I said, when I was researching scopes and what people that owned them said, it was only good things. He got his for just over $250 and it was a 50 mm objective but not sure what the magnification was.

Offline Zachary

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 06:17:27 AM »
I have never even heard of these optics.

Then again, I have had such great success with Nikon Monarchs, Bushnell Elite 4200s, Leupold VX-IIIs, and Zeiss Conquests, that I really have had no need to look elsewhere.  The only exception is the new Clearidge line offered by theopticzone.  This new line looks very promising, and comparable to the top 4 mentioned.

Zachary

Offline mattinPA

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 02:34:43 PM »
 I also never heard of these so I just had to look it up  http://www.huntercompany.com/scopes.html
they do look very nice but I would have to look at one before I would spend the money

If you get one let us know how it works out

matt

Offline locobombero

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 07:39:30 PM »
I got 2 of these scopes in an forum trade deal NIB. Here are my honest opinions of the scopes. Please bear in mind that they never made it on a rifle before they were sold. Finish: They have a mild gloss to them that hunter claims to be flat. Compared to other scopes in my safe the finish looked weak, but I really had no way to gauge this cause they only made it out of the box. Adjustments: This is what got me to sell them. Both had target turret hand adjustable settings that in my opinion was very very weak. When turning the turrets I could feel the solid "click" about 60% of the time. The other 40% was a very mild felt click. Neither of which I believe would be felt with a gloved hand. This was the biggest issue I had with the scopes. Had it not been for this the scopes would have been acceptable for the price point. Optics: You get what you pay for. If any of you have ever looked through the Ol Simmons ATV scoped these scopes are slightly better then that. Currently I have 1 of the ATV scopes and that was the only other scope in my safe that was a close comparison. Magnification and AO controls: Fairly smooth. I had no issue there. Bonus: Fast focus eye piece. Penalty: Made in Korea.

There ya have it. Would I buy another? Most likely not. I think there are some better lower end values out there for the same money. Hope this helps.

FYI models in question was the 3-12X42 (Optically best of the two) and the 6-24X50