Author Topic: National Guardsmen overrun at the Border by armed gunmen  (Read 4476 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: National Guardsmen overrun at the Border by armed gunmen
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2007, 12:59:43 PM »
ALMTNMAN
I would agree with you if we are talking marshal law. Then there is no other law.
I hope it never comes to this---I doubt we would ever get rid of it---some folks would find this too much of an advantage---and take advantage.
I was not discussing martial law I was discussing using the military to uphold the law of another jurisdiction.
Sorry for the confusion.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2007, 01:35:46 PM »
ALMTNMAN
I would agree with you if we are talking marshal law. Then there is no other law.
I hope it never comes to this---I doubt we would ever get rid of it---some folks would find this too much of an advantage---and take advantage.
I was not discussing martial law I was discussing using the military to uphold the law of another jurisdiction.
Sorry for the confusion.
Blessings

Agreed.

Now what about this, we send troops to the border on the false pretension that they are being sent there to help secure our border, only they are not, as most of us know. Everyone knows full well why they were sent is because the Minutemen that spent a lot of time on the border brought to our countries attention that our country was doing anything to secure the border. What, I don't know the exact number but several hundreds of thousands of illegals circumvent the border each year just strolling in at thier own will. Our southern border is a BIG JOKE! It was mostly a charade with few border patrol agents, not enough to really protect the border. So to appease the people, our government sends in the troops, only they can't do anything either. Now a small incident has brought it to the forefront again that what our government did was nothing more than appeasment and wasn't anything at all to secure our southern border. So what do we do about this. We need to keep getting the information out that our border is NOT secure and we are not going to keep standing for the whimpy excuses that we're given that they are.

If we send troops to the border, they need to be well armed WITH ammo and anyone circumventing the border in military uniforms armed with weapons needs to be shot on sight. It wouldn't take long for the message to get out, "better not stroll over there with weaponary and in uniform or you will be shot on sight". It works on the same principal as an 18 wheeler trucker getting the word out that they're checking log books down the road a ways. If it takes some intestional fortitude out of our leaders to do that with giving them the power to do so, I sure would like to see something more than a Mickey Mouse operation that's in effect down there now. This excuse giving and debating the issue is not getting it!
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2007, 09:21:27 AM »
I just watched a documentary on PBS last night about illegals crossing the border.  They estimated over 500,000 actually make it across each year.

They also talked to a coyote who said he has been arrested over 65 times while bringing illegals across.  All WE do is give him a free ride back home....so he can do it all over again.

Another thing that really irritated me was an interview they did with a priest on OUR side.  He and his followers (most of them looked to be young white kids under 20 yrs old) would send money to an organization in Mexico that would refill water points allong several known "immigration routes".  Seems to me that something like that would be "aiding and abetting".

Why should our military be sent to secure a border....when the Government does nothing to those that help illegals cross??  There are THOUSANDS of known illegals that wait for work every morning...and the government turns a blind eye to it.  There is no sense in securing the border, when the government doesn't care who or how many make it across.
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline powderman

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2007, 04:34:26 PM »
I believe Foxx is out....Caldarone is el presidente now.......TM7

TM7. I thought they were still fighting about that. POWDERMAN.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2007, 05:58:21 PM »
I support President Bush Have since day one and he is a hell of a better choice to run the country compared to who ran against him. Folks have short memories he said after 911 That this would be a tough fight and it would not be won easy or would it be won fast. Now about the border issue he is the wrong person to address this issue since he has family issues that put him in the middle. Since Jeb is married to a lady from Mexico and she is the President's sister-in-law it kinda puts him in a damned if I do or damned if I do not situatation when it comes to the border and the immigration issue. Myself I wish he would take a tough stance on the issue, I however do not see that happening due to the family issue and it is hard to blame him over that as most of us would have the same time dealing with that ourselves maybe.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2007, 09:24:13 AM »
What will toops on the border do. They can't arrest or issue citations. they can't enforce law.
That is the reason they retreated--all they can do is observe movement and call for help.
God forbid if they shoot anyone.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2007, 01:56:46 PM »
What will toops on the border do. They can't arrest or issue citations. they can't enforce law.
That is the reason they retreated--all they can do is observe movement and call for help.
God forbid if they shoot anyone.
Blessings

That's exactly why in my last post that I said; "our southern border is a big joke"!
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2007, 07:58:25 AM »
Well not sure about his own ajenda what I mean is pretty hard to come down on Mexicans when you have them in the family and from what I have heard Bush does like his sister-in-law so pretty hard to keep peace in the family and still be tough on immigration. Like I said considering he has a person who came from Mexico in his family he is the wrong person to address the issue. Call it a Conflict of Interest if you want.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.