Author Topic: Can Remington's Model 7 rifle be switched to left hand?  (Read 2641 times)

Offline coyote trapper1928

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • North Country Outdoors
Can Remington's Model 7 rifle be switched to left hand?
« on: January 07, 2007, 02:52:34 AM »
Hi:

Can the Remington Model Seven rifle be made in a left hand model?
coyote trapper1928

Offline LEO

• Contributor
Re: Can Remington's Model 7 rifle be switched to left hand?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 05:08:32 PM »
The Remington Model 7 can not be easily switched to a left hand model.  But can a left hand Model 7 be made, sure it can if we south paws can convince Remington to do so.  I have called and written them about this several times.  But since we can't get them to offer more calibers in a 700, which they already have the action and it is just a matter of installing another barrel which they already have also, I don't know if we will see a left hand model 7 or not.  I think a lot of the reason the companies don't sell more left hand guns is that they don't listen to what the left hand shooter wants and just expect us to buy what they offer.  I know if they would offer a left hand model 7 stainless, I would buy at least 2 of them, 1 308 or 7mm--08 and one 223 and if they offered it in 358, I would probably buy one of those too.  But with CZ getting into the left hand market and Kimber supposedly also getting in and Tikka expanding their line, Remington may have missed the boat.

Offline Gregory

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 04:40:13 PM »
Have you considered a LH Browning Micro Hunter?  I have one in 22 Hornet, and I love it.

Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)

Offline LEO

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 04:45:41 PM »
Yes I have and will probably wind up getting one but they don't offer it in stainless/synthic which is what I really wanted.  But I did look at a right hand micro in 308 the other day and it seemed like a nice rifle.  I am kind of waiting to see what comes out after the shot show though before I buy anything.

Offline HEAD0001

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 09:15:27 PM »
Over the years I have talked to Tim Mccormick twice about a LH model 7.  Both times they said they would not do it.  Tom.
Tom Chase  Passed away at his home on Wed Nov 23

RIP Tom.

Offline smoky

• Contributor
    • http://www.cattletoday.com/sscc
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 06:35:21 PM »
After waiting for years for Remington to make one, I finally decided to have basically a model seven custom made for me.  It is actually a m 700 short action taken from a 22-250 varmint gun.  It has a 20" hart stainless barrel and is in a McMillian Model 7 synthetic stock.  It is chambered in 7mm-08 AI and shoots about .5 at 100 yards.  Hill Country Rifles out of New Bransfels, TX built it for me.  It wasn't cheap (about $2,200) and they cost even more now, however, most of my firearm purchases are for life, so I guess if you spread it out, it wasn't so bad.

I do like the looks of those Micro Hunters.  May get one in .22 Hornet one of these days.

Smoky
Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

Offline Slamfire

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 08:20:26 PM »
The original hand gun action for the .221 Fireball could be the basis of a lefthanded rifle.
Bold talk from a one eyed fat man.

Offline superdown

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »
I have a Browning LH A-bolt II Hunter in 325wsm and its a very nice rifle but if you want SS/sin take a look at the Tikka T3 stainless LH it comes with scope rail/rings and detachable box magazine and is available in the WSM's / 06 length and 308 based rounds plus the standard mags like the 7mm rem 300win 338win. I plan on picking one up in 308win .Justin

Offline Ruskin

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 07:26:54 AM »
I have seen an 03 converted to left hand.  It is smooth and a beautiful rifel.  Set up for a lefty that goes to Africa.  Not cheap.  The idea started with an article in the rifleman.  It seems in the 60s some gunsmiths did do conversion.  That was a challenge to the one here in Ruskin, and of course a willing person to finance the rifle.

Offline Nessmuk#1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
    • truedblued gunsmithing
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 08:35:43 AM »
Been waiting since I was a kid in high school for one, and I graduated in 85.  Finally had one made, sorta, a short action 700 made the way I wanted it.
Visit my website:  http://truedblued.com/