Author Topic: Some things in Life just don't make sense..  (Read 3510 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Some things in Life just don't make sense..
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 05:27:34 AM »
Could someone tell me why my whole statement appears as a quote even though I thought I was careful about only inserting the quote between the sympols?

You missed!! The bracket for the end quote was in front of your text instead of in front of the end /quote]  :D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2007, 06:01:33 AM »
The easiest way to make a quote is just to highlight all the text you want included within the quote box..and then click on the quote button at the top

Some from there do actively read what's posted here...but for all we have done and shown to work..it still comes down to what the owners want and how they feel about the rifles...Things have to change at the top...otherwise things won't change for the better...

Ok, having said all this, Mac, are you still going to show me what to do to shoot clovers with my 308?

Of course..Just because I'm not buying anymore NEF's...doesn't mean I'm not going to help those that need it..

Like2hunt...

That's a good possibility...but...there are many others as well...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Ranger J

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2007, 06:13:51 AM »
I, like a lot of the rest of you, like the concept of an inexpensive reliable single shot rifle with reasonable costing reliable barrels.  Unfortunately in some calibers (i.e. .44 mag) that is not what we are getting.  I sold off my .44 mag to someone that plans to convert it to .445SM and my .308 barrel (which by the way had acceptable accuracy and accounted for two deer last year)as I had bought a .308 Stevens 200.  The Stevens is marginally more accurate than the Handi and gives me the luxury of a more shots if needed.  I probably wouldn’t have got that second deer this year with the Handi (three shots for two deer).  Even though I have another 45/70 I still like my Handi and while I may get a Stevens in .223, my Handi will still get some work.  Even though I now have bought an 1894 in .44 mag, I would order a 44 Handi barrel tomorrow if it was bored at 429 and had a 1 in 20 twist.  I realize that NEF may have a number of ‘questionable” barrels laying around and want to use them up but with the .44 barrels the problems have been known for a length of time sufficient to use up the old stock.  Why when the old stock was used up didn’t the company make the needed change?  If these are really Green Mountain barrels I am sure that company has the equipment to turn out a better product.  I guess that I, like a lot of others, will just watch and wait and hope for a change. 
RJ

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (79)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2007, 06:21:46 AM »
I have to say that I agree with several of the comments about the management decisions at H&R talked about here, however, I own many handis that I love.  Also, we have to face a hard fact.  This may be the largest single collection of handi owners and true handiholics, however, we are a small percentage of their overall sales.  As several have said, it is all about the bottom line.  If you want change, it will take a much larger group of complaints.

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2007, 08:37:01 AM »
I have to say that I agree with several of the comments about the management decisions at H&R talked about here, however, I own many handis that I love.  Also, we have to face a hard fact.  This may be the largest single collection of handi owners and true handiholics, however, we are a small percentage of their overall sales.  As several have said, it is all about the bottom line.  If you want change, it will take a much larger group of complaints.

I truly you believe you hit the nail on the head.  But, it does make me wonder about the issuance of the .35 Whelen.  Did we generate enough interest on this site to convince them to re-produce it or by some coincidence did they recieve enough requests from others, during the same time period? 

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 09:11:17 AM »

I truly you believe you hit the nail on the head.  But, it does make me wonder about the issuance of the .35 Whelen.  Did we generate enough interest on this site to convince them to re-produce it or by some coincidence did they recieve enough requests from others, during the same time period? 

I know that alot of people on this site asked that the 35Wh. be offered in a 26" & that was ignored, so that
might indicate something.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 09:23:51 AM »

I know that alot of people on this site asked that the 35Wh. be offered in a 26" & that was ignored, so that
might indicate something.

Yea, I thought about that.  It just didn't make sense.  There musta been some reason.  Perhaps they considered the Whelen a heavy brush buster and though the shorter barrel was a better choice.  I dunno.  ???

Offline kennyd

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2007, 04:55:54 PM »
I have replied tothis twice and it went into ?, at least I can't find it.  Maybe the equipment is old and not being replaced, maybe management is trying to wring every $ out.  My money for the Whelen went into a Bearcat because noone seems to have a Whelen actrually in stock.  I know of 2 older ejector 30-06 rifles still in the store, so if I can come up with a little more money I may lay away or buy one, and then MAYBE send it in to be made into a .338 A square or Whelen, There is not a bigt choice in short heavy caliber guns available--Ruger 1's are high, Rossi is limited in caliber, and Encore is ugly.  The bolts are not handi, even discouting my left hand.  We already know what happened to Winchester with their "angle eject", Savage 99's, and other makes that either followed the "no new machines/ideas", or just make a cheap gun for the masses. 
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2007, 05:01:35 PM »
I have replied tothis twice and it went into ?, at least I can't find it.  

If 2 posters hit the submit button at or near the same time, one post will end up in cyberspace, that's the only excuse I can offer ya.

Tim

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2007, 05:18:24 PM »
I lose posts like that from time to time too and it's because of my impatience. With this new software we're using now if someone completes a post between the time you click REPLY and the time you click POST it will NOT submit your post but instead will come back and tell you another post was made and tell you that you "might" want to check it before submitting yours.

All you have to do is to again hit POST and it will then do so. But if as I am prone to do you wait until you see action happening and just "assume" the post was made and click to move on to the next post then you'll lose one from time to time due to someone else posting while you were and you not waiting to make sure yours really posted rather than that message comes up. I'll lose at least one a week to that and some times more.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline cascadedad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2007, 05:24:45 PM »
As a new Handi-holic, I can only say one thing.

DANG!!!!!!

Offline Jack Ryan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2007, 06:24:32 PM »
Could someone get this thread to someone at H&R/Marlin that cares or has any interest in the company? Or does anyone over there in a position to make a difference exist? I have some fine Handi's but am very worried for the future, I thought it was supposed to get better, does this look like better?....<><.... :'(

Rossi will have it engraved on H&R's tombstone.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2007, 06:35:49 PM »
Yeah, that'll happen right after Rossi gets their mythical accessory barrel program going!!

Tim

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2007, 06:59:47 AM »

Maybe the equipment is old and not being replaced, maybe management is trying to wring every $ out.
Why do you think the Ultra's aren't being stamped Ultra any longer...

This is only part of the problem with them...The fine folks at the plant know this and are hamstrung in doing what they really want to do... >:( One just has to look at any of the other type of industries in the northeast that has gone the same way where management refuses to make needed changes or replace old worn out equipment...This is the mind set of those who can...but don't care.......One can only hope they have a change of heart and start listening to people who actually use their rifles instead of whoever they are listening to...be it lawyers or bean counters...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »
Has anyone acctually shot their 444 marlin in the 1:38 twist. Mine does well enough for me about 1.5-2 inch group with 265gr hornady's but I have not tried anything heavier yet.
They have missed the boat though because my marlin 444P shoots all the heavys very well
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2007, 09:01:29 AM »
I work for a company that just recently created and certified it's own transportation company within itself.....in other words, I still haul the same product, have the same bosses, but am no longer employed by the company that I was for 5+ years, but now I am employed by the new "transportation" company. Why? Because all repairs, maintenace, mileage, loss of product, etc., are all deductible and allowed. Think about it if you've got one company making money and one losing then it all equals out.
Look at all the changes to the Marlin line just over the past year......the XLR guns (great BTW), and the new 308 Marlin Express to name two. Looks like all the $$$ and talent is being sunk into the lever gun department to me. I haven't even purchased a new H&R since '05, all my most recent purchases have been used stock or new/old stock. I certainly am not going to own one of those new warted up receivers if I can get around it . I have had phenomenal success of late with a Savage 12FV 22-250 and an old Savage/Springfield 840 bolt action 30-30. Also, thanks to my friend Digger, a Ruger M77 tang safety model 220 Swift with bull barrel. I'm also looking forward to wringing something out of the .280 barrel I just traded MSP Ret for.
I still will use the accessory program at H&R but don't know if I'll be purchasing any brand new guns, except for resale of course  ;D. But it wasn't this latest 444 Marlin controversy that caused me to think this way, it happened quite sometime before this thread began.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org