Author Topic: LER for short armed people  (Read 258 times)

Offline NOLA

• Trade Count: (56)
  • A Real Regular
LER for short armed people
« on: January 13, 2007, 11:46:21 AM »
As stated I have a hard tiime with the eye relief on most pistol scopes. I need one with shorter eye relief.
I usually use a 1x at the most 2x. any ideas I would like one between a pistol and a rifle
I think I am going to try a rifle for a pistol scope .
"Non sibi sed patriae" (Not self but country) U S Navy 1962-1966 ATR E-5

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: LER for short armed people
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 12:08:02 PM »
Have you measured the distance you need?  How much ER is too much?  If you have some idea of the what you need, maybe Jon at the Optic Zone can give you some good advice and save you some time and money - maybe find a pistol scope that works for you.  I have some low power riflescopes that have very generous eye relief but I can't imagine using them on a pistol.  Never tried it though, either.  Your handgun stance/hold will change if you adjust yourself too much to match the eye relief.  This may have a very bad effect on accuracy, steadiness, and stamina when shooting.  Just my suggestion - try and determine what range of eye relief you need and talk to Jon.
Red dots are very easy to get along with and eye relief isn't an issue.  You can get one with 3 moa dot and be pretty precise.  Maybe one of those would work for you.  They are not really expensive and work well.  Jon can also help you with one of those.  Good luck with it.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.