Author Topic: Trying to post pic for first time  (Read 838 times)

Offline animal

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Animal

Offline animal

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Re: Trying to post pic for first time
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 11:44:50 AM »
Wow it worked. Amazing things happen when ya follow instructions. Well that was just a decent 6 point I took on the back of my property on 11-15-06 with a  new 336 ss and 150 gr. handload. 

Later    Pat
Animal

Offline bigjeepman

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:39:38 AM »
nice work animal ...  I sure love those Marlin lever actions ...
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Offline animal

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 10:17:38 AM »
Yea Bigjeepman, I am a Marlin fan. I have various hunting arms but enjoy the Marlin most. I do not need another but will probably pick up either a .35 , 44 or 444 next. I only deer hunt so don't really need the 444.

Pat
Animal

Offline marlinman93

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 04:51:49 PM »
Works better if you put it between the "insert image" box in your post. Then it will automatically open up.

Very nice picture and deer!
Ballard, the great American Rifles!

Offline animal

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 05:39:47 PM »
Thank you Marlinman 93, I practiced and got it. Here is a pic of walleye fishing five miles out on Saginaw bay a few years ago.

Animal

Offline dixiedog

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 01:50:22 PM »
Hay animal how do you like your 336 ss ? is it a 30/30 ? I am hoping to buy one just like that for next years deer season, I like the ss for long term use , How does it shoot , Have you tried the new Hornady levereveloution ammo in yoour 336 ss. Also a very nice buck I got one on 11-19-06 with my ultra-243 while hunting on a power line.----------- Thank's.

Offline animal

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 05:11:52 PM »
Dixiedog,
I had an old 30-30 that had taken plenty of deer, then upgraded to the 336 ss in 30-30. I just picked it up this past summer. It has never shot a factory bullet yet. Eventually I may try the leverevolutions for grins but my 150 grain round noses are movin at 2350 fps. and the 170 gr flat point at 2200fps. Either is effective on whitetail out to 200 yards. although I've only taken deer out to 180 yards with the 30-30.
I will never sell this 30-30. It's good lookin, easy to clean, shoots 1.25 to 1.50 groups on a rest, a light kicker carrries well and not too heavy. I have to say It's my baby right now. If I hunt more open terrain I've got other bolt actions for that. It's been years since I've needed any more than a 30-30. ;)       animal
Animal

Offline dixiedog

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 10:57:12 AM »
Thank's animal for the info, I do not reload so I will be using factory ammo in my 336 ss, I will try the new Hornady ammo. Back in the 80's I had a blued 336c and gave it to my son. I realy liked the 336c, I am a Leftie and the lever action works well for me, Dick's has one now,I may not make it till next season, I have a new Bushnell Trophy 3x9x40 scope just waiting to go on the 336ss, most of my shots will be under 200yds.---- Thank's.

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 05:49:37 AM »
 I`ve got to figure out how to do that!
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline TrenchMud

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 07:10:21 AM »
Save the picture to your desktop as a .JPG (other formats will probably work but .jpg seem to load the fastest). Then when you are finished typing what you want to say, click on "additional options"
below the box where you are typing. You will see "attach". simply browse to your desktop and attach your picture just like you would if you were attaching it to an e-mail.

Offline tacomaj

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 02:55:12 PM »
Here's a good buck I took opening day of Tennessee Deer season. 200# class rough scored 143-3/8. Will try to include the 30-30 LeveRevolution Bullet removed from the cape at the Taxidermist.  The bullet did not lose any mass in the kill.  Tacomaj

Offline animal

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 04:54:40 PM »
Excellent job Tacomaj, congadulations and nice pictures.

Animal
Animal