Author Topic: HUNKERED DOWN???  (Read 633 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
HUNKERED DOWN???
« on: January 15, 2007, 12:16:15 AM »
I guess if the boys in the north or Alaska read this they will chuckel or, laugh out loud; HOWEVER, it's cold outside my house right now.
Hope you boys are doing good.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
Re: HUNKERED DOWN???
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 03:44:25 AM »
Doing good down this way William. The wind is blowing kind of hard outside and I have watched the weather radar showing rain headed my way for the last couple of days. It must be slow moving as it was supposed to get here last night and still hasn't made it.

Throw another log on the fire!  ;D
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 04:22:21 AM »
It appears that a little bit of rain has finally moved into the NW corner of Alabama but it sure don't look like much at this time. Temps are still in the 60s around the state. Doesn't look to me like we'll get much rain out of this storm.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 07:04:13 AM »
Here in Williamson County we've had 3 - 4 inches of rain and now everything is starting to freeze.  Lovely! ::) We're expecting a heavy dose of freezing rain later this afternoon.  Things should stay this way through Wenesday.  Anyone up for some coffee?  :)

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 08:04:07 AM »
Ramos.  Ditto on the "Big Country."  This is really the first cold weather we have had.  Throughout deer season we had days in the 80s.  I sure wish this cold front had moved in early December time frame, maybe the hunting would have been even better.

Williamlaayton.  Just be thankful we live where we do, I had e-mails from friends in Idaho and Colorado.  Both said they had snow waist deep, and it was well below zero.  It is somewhat unusual for your area of the country to have any really cold weather, but I do recall a period back in '63 when everything froze over in the Port O'Connor area.  The inter-costal canal even had ice on it, but that is rare.  Gert your swim suit out, next week it will be back in the 80s.

Offline olbiffer

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 08:30:38 AM »
here in yooperland its single digits with light snow. only have less than 1 foot of snow, should be a lot more but we'll take what we can get. southern michigan got it though with the ice. T.

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 10:19:45 AM »
Last night just before midnight the temp was 64 deg, this morning at 10 am it was 54, now it's 40 and dropping fast, headed for the mid 20s tonight. It's rained for 4+ days, kinda misting right now with flurries expected tonight. I bought a couple gallons of kerosene for the lamps. We are over due for a good ice storm, it all depends on varying temps that could go one way, or the other. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 11:05:26 AM »
I here ya Rockbilly.  I saw where you guys got hit pretty good.  I agree with you about deer season.  I hunt in south Texas and my last outing it was in the low 90's - no good.

On the upside maybe this free will kill of some of them bugs!

Offline TrenchMud

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 11:30:15 AM »
Well, I was just out without a shirt feeding the outside cats.
Close to 70 degrees today in Georgia. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 42.
Weather is screwed up !

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 12:45:04 PM »
It's warmed up, from -40 last Thrusday to +10 today.  We got seven inches of snow yesterday, it's snowing now, and more expected tomorrow and Wednesday.  Oh well, that life in Alaska.  At least it's warm.  Weatherman is saying -10 or -15 for nighttime temps and +10 to +15 for daytime highs for the next week.  Some of my Birch trees grew taller last summer and I did not catch it.  The snow had caused them to droop over the power line coming to the house.  I've got to go out every evening and knock the snow off before they cause trouble.  When it gets above freezing I will cut them back.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 01:16:47 PM »
Well, looks like most are in for some of this cold---glad too hear all are doing ok.
The boys in the panhandle, Ok., Missouri and Kansas are in a real battle--I could not handle it.
I was gonna go up to salado and Waco but them folks is froze in and I can't drive on ice the way that you folks can so I called the sister and told here i wasn't coming til it thawed.
We need a freeze--tho I hate it--havn't had any to speak of in a couple of years.
Yea Rockbilly, we don't get cold much down here--than the Lord--I would sure find a warmer spot.
Wish we would invade Mexico the next time we wanted a figt--at least they have some warm weather this time of the year. ---I was jokin about invadeing Mexico, in case big brother is lookin for some new ideas.
Keep the fires going boys.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD