Author Topic: Need advice! Having trouble.  (Read 561 times)

Offline Suds1957

• Trade Count: (0)
Need advice! Having trouble.
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »
I'm having a bit of a problem. Shooting a 270wsm,handloading 130gn win hunt ball tips,these are hitting about 1/2 in high @ 200yds.Right where they are suppose to,problem is,when I load 130gn nosler xxx or the fail safes,they hit from 4-6 high! Is this normal? I thought they might have a differant point of impact,but 4-6in is to me alot.They are right on line,just high.not l or r of center.Am I do something wrong? I loaded them the same,same powder,primers,cases,weights of powders,I thought everything.I can't seem to figure out what went wrong.I even let my son shoot to make sure it was'nt me,same results. My only other thought is the bullets themselves,but I still would'nt think the same weight bullets would be 4-6ins high.    Any help would be nice.....Thanks

Offline Catfish

Re: Need advice! Having trouble.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 09:48:19 AM »
Different bullets fly different with the same load and the same bullet will fly different with different loads. You really don`t have much of a problem if you crank your scope up and down 2 1/2 moa when changeing bullets.

Offline Wingman26

• Avid Poster
    • Wingman 26 Home Page
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 11:28:29 AM »
If you change anything it can change the point of impact, that's quite a difference with the same bullet weight, but you are lucky with only an elevation change, a lot of the time they will move to the side as well.
John
Site Staff  http://mp-pistol.com/
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt

Offline spinafish

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 12:58:15 PM »
The Ballistic tips have a high BC..they just shoot flatter..
the most heartwreching words any man will ever hear
"depart from me, I never knew you"  Jesus
We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.” C.S. Lewis

Offline Suds1957

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 01:11:27 PM »
Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to move the scope just a little.I think,I would rather have the hunting bullets[triple-x,failsafes]to be right on @ 200yds,instead of the paper punchers......thanks for the help..