Author Topic: Vang in the news again?  (Read 592 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Vang in the news again?
« on: January 21, 2007, 11:06:17 AM »
Check this out. Wasn't Vang the name of the guy who shot up a bunch of people in the Wisconsin woods last year when he was confronted by the property owners for trespassing?

ST. PAUL (AP) -- A three-day funeral for a Hmong hunter killed in Wisconsin is under way in St. Paul.

Thirty-year-old Cha Vang was found dead on January 6th -- and police have charged a Wisconsin man with murder in a case that some claim was racially motivated.

Twenty-eight-year-old James Nichols of Peshtigo, Wisconsin, is accused of killing Vang after a confrontation at a wildlife refuge in Wisconsin's Marinette County on January Fifth. Vang was shot and stabbed multiple times.

The criminal complaint quotes Nichols as saying he acted in self-defense after being shot in the hands.

Joua Vang came from Fresno, California for the funeral. She says Cha Vang's killing was murder -- not self defense.

Joua Vang says the victim is her husband's cousin.

The funeral will continue until 11 p.m. Monday. A shaman began Saturday's service -- in which the Hmong believe Vang's spirit will be returned to his ancestors.

He will be buried Monday.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Vang in the news again?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:18:41 AM »
Same name - different person.  Chai Vang is doing life for the murders.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:34:08 AM »
I think the original Mr. Vang musta been a real popular feller over there.  ;D
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 01:44:47 PM »
The WI DNR has had nothing but grief with Hmong people breaking fishing and game laws. They get the concept of poaching but do not care and when confronted use the "I do not understand english or a variation of that excuse" They are nothing  but a pain in the posterior here in WI and many do not even live here but come from MN to break our game laws.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 02:54:24 PM »
This group of Hmong people were notorius for poaching in their homeland and brought that habit over here with them. It looks like the whole Vang family are troublemakers from reading that latest article.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brett

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 04:38:23 PM »

I wounder if this guy is any relation or is "Vang" the equivolant to "Smith" in Hmong?

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 05:59:21 PM »

I wounder if this guy is any relation or is "Vang" the equivolant to "Smith" in Hmong?

No relation, it is like smith

Offline Awf Hand

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 10:31:04 AM »
If you ever meet a person who is Hmong they will only have one of seven different last names.  This goes back to their beliefs surrounding the creation of their people.

This deal over by Green Bay was bad.  The guy who killed Vang was a felon in possession of a firearm.  He not only shot Vang, but stabbed him multiple times.  After he did all this, the guy took a three inch tree branch and stabbed it into Vang's mouth.  It was there when they found his body, which had been covered with leaves, and placed in a small depression.

I'm not sure that was entirely self defense.
Just my Awf Hand comments...

Offline Brett

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 11:48:08 AM »
This deal over by Green Bay was bad.  The guy who killed Vang was a felon in possession of a firearm.  He not only shot Vang, but stabbed him multiple times.  After he did all this, the guy took a three inch tree branch and stabbed it into Vang's mouth.  It was there when they found his body, which had been covered with leaves, and placed in a small depression.

I'm not sure that was entirely self defense.

Have to agree with you there.  Talk about going postal.