Author Topic: Ingram Mac 10  (Read 805 times)

Offline daddywpb

• Trade Count: (4)
Ingram Mac 10
« on: May 04, 2003, 01:04:37 AM »
I bought my Mac 10 new in 1981. It's in the canvas case that has pockets for Kevlar and folds down to hang around your neck. The case also holds 3 mags, the loading tool, and a suppressor (?). I paid $350 for it way back then. I'm not interested in selling it, but was curios about it's value if anyone knows. I was surprised to read in another post that the stamp is still the same price, $200. I would have guessed that it would be much higher by now. Also had another question. Since the paperwork is in my name, what happens to the gun if something happened to me? Thanks for any info.

Offline redial

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Ingram Mac 10
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 02:26:51 PM »
Depending on your Mac's pedigree, it'd be worth $1000 or so. Just a guess, so don't place too much faith in it. All the accompanying "fashion accessories" would boost the figure certainly.

If it's on a Form 4, and you're just a regular guy (not an FFL SOT, fer instance), if you take off for the Hereafter your spouse can pick it up on a Form 5 I believe without paying another $200 tax.

Best to contact the BATmen or go to their website for the straight skinny. Internet advice is after all, worth every penny you paid for it!

Cheers!

Redial

Offline thekiltedgreatrob

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ingram Mac 10
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 11:17:20 AM »
Full auto MAC's are selling from 2500.00 for a bare frame with a good SN. and nothing else on a form 4 to 4500.00 for a NIB unfired with all the paper work (like it was packed at MAC) the case goes for about 50-400 and if you have the suppressor add 5-1200. If it was mine I would keep it on my homeowners policy and shoot it

Rob

Offline daddywpb

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Ingram Mac 10
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 09:41:35 PM »
It is certainly a fun gun to shoot, and I don't know the procedure to sell it anyway. There was a local shop run by a very nice man and his wife who did know since he was licensed for Class 3. But, he has retired and moved to a farm and the guy that took over the shop is an idiot. I don't go in there any more unless it's an emergency. Maybe I'll just keep it for a while.