Author Topic: Ncstar scope question  (Read 363 times)

Offline Flyrodder

• Trade Count: (0)
Ncstar scope question
« on: January 22, 2007, 07:49:26 AM »
   Hey guys, I've been planning on buying a varmint rifle setup this summer.  I was wondering about the ncstar scopes I'm seeing around.  I like the look of the 10-40 illuminated model.  Does anyone have one of these that can tell me more about them?  Thanks!

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
Re: Ncstar scope question
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 08:23:20 AM »
You'd regret ever getting one.  I've looked at several, and if they were the absolute only thing I could get, them MAYBE I'd use one.  I think that I'd mount a Coke bottle on the gun first.   :P  Save a few more dollars and get a Bushnell, or a Simmons at the least.  I've used several by each maker, and the lower cost ones are very serviceable, especially the Bushnells.  Better yet, look for deals on GB Classifieds or Ebay and get a good scope for just a little more money.

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 08:24:28 AM »
Oops!  Don't forget to look at the Optic Zone too!!!

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »
A Bushnell Banner can almost be bought for the price of a Ncstar and you would be much happier.  Buying an NC STAR is throwing money away.  I've seen Bushnell Banners in the $60 range.  The NC STAR is just a rebadged BSA.  It is like hanging an airfreshener on a terd.  Sooner or later the clitter will wear off and you'll find out it stinks.  Don't buy capola and the NC Star falls at the bottom of the dung pile! 

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 02:59:13 PM »
I don't see how it could be stated any better, ha ha.    :D