Author Topic: some slow casting  (Read 656 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
some slow casting
« on: January 27, 2007, 03:24:35 AM »
dont know how you black powder guys do it. I borrow my buddys 44 devestator mold (because mine still missing in action) and casted up probably 300 of them this morning. Dammed guys this is slow. I forgot just how slow that mold is. I probably would never have even bothered but I took the new super out a couple weeks ago and found some odd leftover ammo to try in it and the darned things shot into an inch a 25 out of that gun. I only had 12 of them so if figured id better get on some to try again.
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: some slow casting
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 08:27:04 AM »
Lloyd I still have all those you cast for me after buying the mould. It's doubtful I'll get around to using them as I'm not much on HP cast bullets and I still have at least one of the two cavity moulds of that same bullet without the HP that I use.

You're more than welcome to the bullets you made for me if you want them back. I suspect I could even round up my two cavity 429640 mould to loan to you for awhile as well. Just let me know.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline dozer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 08:57:54 AM »
dont know how you black powder guys do it.

I only have single cavity moulds for my BPCRs, but when I cast, I am running 3 at the same time.  If the bullets are really falling out good, I can use 4.  ;D And when 1 screws up, I am also screwed.  :'( Have to start all over getting them back running good and work my way up to multiples!!
Doz

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 09:05:53 AM »
Bill sent you a pm
Lloyd I still have all those you cast for me after buying the mould. It's doubtful I'll get around to using them as I'm not much on HP cast bullets and I still have at least one of the two cavity moulds of that same bullet without the HP that I use.

You're more than welcome to the bullets you made for me if you want them back. I suspect I could even round up my two cavity 429640 mould to loan to you for awhile as well. Just let me know.
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 10:33:53 AM »
Well Lloyd I looked high for awhile and then low for awhile and even looked in the middle for awhile. So far I've not located the mould blocks. I have looked in all the usual places such an item "should" be hiding but I am infamous for putting stuff up for safe keeping and it taking me some long while to find again. I'm sure that's what's going on here.

One of my "usual" places is an old cardboard container that 15 lbs of Red Dot powder came in many long years ago, so many the label is so faded it's hard to tell it was Red Dot. I used to keep a bunch of moulds and handles in there but they are not there now, something else was in it. No doubt that means I found a supposedly safer place for what was there and when I figure where they somewhere is I'll get them headed your way.

Heck the way I am in looking for things one of the many I picked up may have been it and I just failed to correctly identify it as such. I was looking for a two cavity as that's what I thought it was but maybe I should look at the four cavity moulds a bit closer. If it was made in four cavity that might be what I have. I've not used it in a long time.

I suppose it's even remotely possible that "other fellow" we discussed might have borrowed it but I don't think so. I don't think I've ever loaned this one before.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 01:47:44 PM »
dont loose any sleep over it Bill. Ive got plenty of 44 molds anyway. Im just allways opent to try something else. Problem usually is that like in this case its a discontinued mold and ill be obsessing about finding one if it does shoot well in one of my guns.
blue lives matter