Author Topic: Turkey/predator gun is here  (Read 516 times)

Offline LEO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Turkey/predator gun is here
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »
Well, I picked up the barrel from the gunsmith today for the gun that I have posted about a couple of times.  I had a 22" 12 gauge barrel cut to 18.5 and threaded for Rem choke tubes (not that the Rem chokes are really any better than others, but I have a bag full of them).  I was going to have rifle sights put on the barrel but the gunsmith said he wasn't very good at sweating on sights so I just had him put a bead back on it (I'll probably still put sights on it later).  Well I went out this afternoon and shot it.  I am really pleased it shoots perfectly left and right and just a little high.  I like this because it is easier to hold under than to hold over plus if I miss it is usually low.  I shot a couple different shot loads, some buck shot, and slugs.  Even with a bead sight, I was able to keep 3 slugs well on a sheet of notebook paper at 50 yards.  The shot patterns were even and dense and the buckshot pattern was nice and uniform also.  I am a happy camper, plus it is a really handy little package to carry.  This little gun is going to get a lot of use, I like the 18.5 inch barrel so well I am thinking about having my a 357 and 308 barrel cut as well.  I plan on doing some more pattern testing when the weather breaks a little, if it just patterns as well with heavy turkey loads, Old Tom is in trouble!

Offline ccoorreeyy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Turkey/predator gun is here
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 03:38:40 PM »
Sounds like a cool gun.  I like a handier handi myself.  How about posting some pictures!
This is the day that the Lord hath made!!  I will rejoice and be glad in it!!