Author Topic: gun values  (Read 446 times)

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
gun values
« on: January 29, 2007, 05:06:56 PM »
wasn't sure where to put this
hi all i am needing some help on the price range for some guns my uncle has i need a price range for them and i am not sure of the condition so i am going to list them all and hope you all can help

sturm ruger and co
south port,conn usa
22 cal lr auto pistol

winchester model 1897 pump
full choke
ser#291110
grooved forearm

22 mag 22" micro groove
7 shot clip
model 25
bolt action
ser# 99391163

mossberg 500 ct 20 ga pump
north haven conn
28 in mod choke
ser# G382562

glenfield model 60
marlin firearms co
22cal lr only
ser# 72167526

any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Terry     

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: gun values
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 11:47:17 PM »
IMO, the best way to get an idea about what a gun is worth is to watch the online gun auctions.

www.gunbroker.com
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 01:13:28 AM »
Terry,
Without the condition, the possible values range so broadly that I doubt you can get any meaningful suggestions. 
I think VC is right on - the market, or value indicator that might be the most defining is the auctions.
I sent you a PM with a suggestion regarding your post. (No offers - just a suggestion) :)
Good luck!
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 07:25:16 AM »
Being an old car dealer I laugh at people that think they know the value of their automobile.  Guns are pretty much the same.  Owners often think their car (gun) is worth lots more that it's actual value.  The problem here lies in the fact that most people do not know how to grade a car (gun) and have a tendcy to over grade it.  The best advice I can give on eiither a car or a gun, take it to a reputable dealer and tell them you want to sell it, and ask for their apprasial.  Take the price they give you and add about 35% and you should come up with a fairly accurate assessment of the value.

I have to smile when I hear stories about dishonest car dealers.  The most dishonest person in the world is that individual standing there on the lot trying to sell (trade) his old piece of iron for another vehicle.  I have stood there and listened to people rave about how good the old car is, trying to get a better trade in, only to ask them, "if it is such a good vehicle, why do you want to trade it?"  You hear simlar conversations at gun shows, gun shops, or even between friends when they are attempting to sell or trade a gun.