Author Topic: Here it is: The Ultimate Whitetail Buck  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Rogue Ram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Here it is: The Ultimate Whitetail Buck
« on: January 29, 2007, 07:27:08 PM »
This is a real picture taken by a friend of the family in Wisconsin recently, at his deer feeder outside his house. Buck has been around awhile, all white, pink eyes, and as you can see, a nice rack. Here's hopin' he lives a long life...hope this posts.

Offline gdolby

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Here it is: The Ultimate Whitetail Buck
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 03:51:34 AM »
good day sir, thanks for the pic . he sure is pretty. take care...Bill

Offline oso45-70

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 08:15:58 AM »

Rogue Ram

I too hope he lives a long life But, He was dealt a hard hand to hold. I think for the most part some would shoot him just because he was there and they were loaded for a buck deer, No matter what color it was, Although he has made it for a while judging from the size of his antlers. It never ceases to amaze me the things that happens in nature. Thanks for posting the picture of him.
........Joe..........
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain

Offline K.K

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 12:58:41 PM »
That is amazing!  Great shot. He won't blend in very well in the early season, but hope for snow!

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 05:49:42 AM »
Beautiful deer.  I seen one solid white deer in the wild in Georgia many years ago.  I was shooting a 8mm mauser with old milsurp ammo that had the bullet pulled and replaced by a soft point.  The deer was standing in the middle of a fire break about 70 yards away.  I put the sights on him, pulled the trigger, CLICK, I bolt another round into the chamber, CLICK, I pulled the gun down and let it walk. 

I have thought about this many times, Uncertian about the gun, I later tried the rounds again and both fired with no problem.  Was someone trying to tell me something, or was someone looking out for that deer?  I'll never know, but have convinced myself that if I ever see another white one I will let it walk, I just pray that I will have a camera with me when it happens.

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 09:56:03 AM »
Was that buck near Galesville by any chance?

Offline Gregory

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 03:48:43 PM »
He'd be safer in Illinois......can't shoot white deer here.
Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 01:16:53 AM »
jasonprox700.  On a friend's property ajoining the Oconee National Forest, which is Northeast of Macon.  It was while I was stationed at Warner Robbins AFB in either the '63, or '64 season.

A Game Warden told me the deer had been seen in that area for several years.  He said,  "if it was hit by every hunter that said they shot at it, then it is so heavy with lead that it can't swim the river."  I never heard of anyone killing the deer, nor did my friend ever mention iit.

Offline Rogue Ram

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 02:43:22 PM »
jasonprox700,  I believe this critter inhabits Barron County, but that is about as close as I know.

I too have seen some white deer out West here, all blacktails but nothing like this thing. I think Wisconsin prohibits shooting white deer, but there's one in every crowd and this critter isn't wearing kevlar........  he's a prime candidate for poaching unfortunately.

RR

Offline Tn Jim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 08:33:06 AM »
He would be safe in Tennessee. It's illegal to shoot ANY albino deer here. :'(
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but oddly enough, all terrorist are Muslims.

Offline buck460XVR

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 11:09:39 AM »
He'd be safer in Illinois......can't shoot white deer here.

I can't believe anything would be safer in Illinois...... ;D

Here in Wisconsin, where that white buck roams, it is also illegal to shoot a true albino deer. Why, because of the other disabilities that go along with albinism they are protected is beyond me. I would assume that big boy is being fed out of a feeder most of the time on a large tract of private property, thus he is not hangin'(legal or not) on the wall of some bar. Now Piebald deer are fair game in Wisconsin..........there's a fair amount of them nearby in Fort Mc Coy because of the inbreeding and the restritive hunting around the parade field where they spend most of their time.

"where'd you get the gun....son?"