Author Topic: Got two surprises this morning  (Read 363 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Got two surprises this morning
« on: January 31, 2007, 08:18:09 PM »
Got up at 4:30 this morning and went for a walk.  Full moon lite up the area real bright with the snow.  Had a split reed call and stuck it in my mouth to keep it from freezing.  The path I was walking on led across the flood plan the turned along a wooded area, before going into the woods.  I was headed for the river that runs farther back behind the woods.  Thinking about other things and not really paying attention to what I was doing.  I started squeeking the call each time my left foot hit the ground, but did not really realise what I was doing, just not thinking about that.  Did not expect anything to come in anyway.  Suddenly a Red Fox came out of the wood and ran straight at me.  Gosh, I almost yelled, I was so surprised.  I did gasp, and that stopped the fox, 10 yards from me.  I was so flustered that I did not make sure which barrel the Savage over and under was set for.  For some reason I was thinking .22LR, was I surprised when the 20ga went off.  The rest of the day just went down hill from there.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Got two surprises this morning
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 01:30:22 AM »
dadgone it--that would have startled me also---wet britches come to mind.
Bet you couldn't have done that on purpose---don't know that I would suggest you try it either.
HUMMMM- in your neck of the woods, I would have thought that there would be a larger side-arm handy---I guess that is what most flatlanders think also, well, until they acclimate to the place.
Glad you came away unscathed.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD