Author Topic: WILDLY OFF TOPIC  (Read 507 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
WILDLY OFF TOPIC
« on: February 02, 2007, 12:11:58 AM »
This is very off topic for this forum, but, we all enjoy different sports.
Have any observed the news of the 7' 9" man from China that is newly signed to the NBA?
A basketball in his hands appears as a softball in my hand.
Now, I had a different nightmare. Suppose the guy was a pitcher in the ML's. Lord have mercy.  His stide to the plate would leave spike marks in the batters box.
Can one imagine what it would be like to stand in the box against this guy. Man you would not even be able to see the ball until it left his hands and his hand might be just inches from your forehead.
talk about limiting the size of golf clubs---maybe he is too large.
Blessings   
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: WILDLY OFF TOPIC
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:27:05 AM »
Guys that big USUALLY lack the coordination neccessary to be good ball players.  They tend to be slow with their movements. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 09:49:24 AM »
True giants have an abnormal growth on their pituitary gland (I think, it's been a while) that causes them to grow to such massive size.  Unfortunately that growth also prevents them from ever adding much muscle mass and contributes to a host of other health problems.  If memory serves they are also subject to enlarged heart, heart failure, pvd, and other serious issues.  The giant you refer to has undergone surgery to try and have the growth removed with the hope of then adding enough muscle to become a viable NBA player.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 01:17:31 AM »
As a pitcher can one imagine the arm speed he could bring.
As a batter can one imagine the inability it pick up the ball, much less stay in the box knowing the lack of skill he may have.
I remember the early days of JR Richards, who stood 6' 7" and pitched fro the Astros. He had amazing speed and amazing lack of control. this lack of control, in the early days, was more formidable as a weapon than his speed.
Now my lack of control as a youth was not that intimidating because no one cared if they were bopped with a whiffle ball. ::)
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 02:47:43 AM »
At 7' 9" he just needs to stand under the basket...........

China, with 25% of the worlds population has a little of everything.......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater