Author Topic: 22-250 Ultra Fluted Update  (Read 509 times)

Offline sqeeter91

• Trade Count: (0)
22-250 Ultra Fluted Update
« on: February 05, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »
Good afternoon everybody,
       Well, its been 4 weekends of playing with the new rifle. I've done the trigger job,Free floated the Choate forend as much as possible,and "O" ringed it. I've played with a few different handloads. It won't shoot the 50's  without keyholing. 52's were better. But she likes 55gr Sp just fine. I've got down to a .572 group at 100 yds, and consistantly holding at about .75". I'm pretty darned happy with this little rifle. Oh yeah, thats off the Bi-pod, laying in the snow, cause I'm to darned lazy to drag my shooting bench out of the barn! Thanks again to everyone that offered info & help.
                                                                                                                           Marc
Whether the target is paper, a can, or whatever. The objective is the same- Put it where the hairs cross.

Offline dubber123

• Contributor
Re: 22-250 Ultra Fluted Update
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 09:01:10 AM »
Good shooting, especially without a full rest.

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 09:10:14 AM »
Sounds good,just wait till you get it on the bench,sounds like ya got a shooter.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 10:04:02 AM »
I too am working up loads for my 22-250 and have found the 55 shoot best , still hovering right around the 1" area , but am  just getting started .

Keep up the good shooting and have fun .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline safetysheriff

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 01:46:24 PM »
if it's still key-holing the light-weight bullets, maybe you've got too much propellant, too mild a primer, or too slow a propellant for the application.   maybe a combination of those things?   those readily come to mind.

the 55 gr' Hornady spire points are actually good on whitetails up to approx' 250 lbs.  the 60 gr' spire points are better, however.   but.........that's stirring the pot to say so in either case.

good shooting to you,

ss'
Yet a little while and the wicked man shall be no more.   Though you mark his place he will not be there.   Ps. 37.