Author Topic: Are the 45/70's out yet?  (Read 1837 times)

Offline ccoorreeyy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Are the 45/70's out yet?
« on: February 05, 2007, 03:17:19 PM »
Has CVA put out any of the 45/70's yet?
This is the day that the Lord hath made!!  I will rejoice and be glad in it!!

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
Re: Are the 45/70's out yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 03:30:48 PM »
I don't know about the 45 70 but Mark emailed me that the 22 250 barrel's should start showing up about the first of April. I've got a 30 06 barrel coming from Budsgunshop and should be here maybe Friday. I'm going to try the 55 and60 grs. bullets in my 243 when I get some time,but for right now the 70's are good enough for the PD shoot in June.
If this gun keep's the good shooting up,I'm getting a 22 250 and a 45 70 for it.The fiber optic's sight's are very visible even with my old eye's and the 45 70 would look real good without the scope on it.     Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 04:38:43 PM »
TGS doesn't show the .45-70 yet, but they have the .243 Compact in stock.

Tim

http://thegunsource.com/store/item.aspx?PID=63450
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 06:56:20 PM »
I don't know about the 45 70 but Mark emailed me that the 22 250 barrel's should start showing up about the first of April. I've got a 30 06 barrel coming from Budsgunshop and should be here maybe Friday. I'm going to try the 55 and60 grs. bullets in my 243 when I get some time,but for right now the 70's are good enough for the PD shoot in June.
If this gun keep's the good shooting up,I'm getting a 22 250 and a 45 70 for it.The fiber optic's sight's are very visible even with my old eye's and the 45 70 would look real good without the scope on it.     Digger

Digger...I gotta get me one of those 22-250 barrels to try...It's one of the few calibers I've never owned...

Grafs has some barrels in stock as well...and will be stocking them as they come out..http://www.grafs.com/shooting/3611...and Buds Gun Shop does too..http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/36_218

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 10:34:43 AM »
Lots of barrels going out to dealer's.I wonder how long it will be before you can go the Walmart and get a new barrel at 10 pm.at night?That would be real cool if they had a rack of barrels,and I wonder how many they could sell when they sell someone a gun. All kind of possibilitys in these gun's unlike the Encore's more expensive barrels.    Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 07:19:14 AM »

I talked with Eric at C/S today..checking to sure I can use centerfire barrels with the Elite 209 Magnum...which I can..and asked him about availability of some 223 barrels..900+...1100+ for the stainless...and about the same for the 243 barrels...No bull barrels yet...but all the others plus the 222 barrels will be there sometime next month...So...They will be making them available to their dealers...and hopefully soon to who ever sells them...I don't know about the Walmarts though...and the way they are doing their rifles...but...it's always a possibility..

Mac

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 07:38:04 AM »
So you can use the centerfire barrels on the other Optima models?  ;D Awesome.

Has anyone found out what Walmarts price is for the Optima models yet?

-Aaron

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 07:48:28 AM »
So you can use the centerfire barrels on the other Optima models?  ;D Awesome.

Has anyone found out what Walmarts price is for the Optima models yet?

-Aaron

Only those that say Elite on the frames can you use the center fire barrels with...none of the others will fit...

Walmart prices are higher than what I can get them for thru Denny Dennis Sporting Goods here in St.Louis...and none have any seperate barrels here yet...and don't know if they are going to...but...anything is possible..

Mac

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 08:12:45 AM »
Sorry I guess I should have clarified that, I meant Optima Elite.

So I suppose the difference from the Optima Pro, Optimas as well as the budget Wolf 209
and the Optima Elite line is kinda like the SB-1 and SB-2 thing with NEF's right?
With the Elite line being treated and a much stronger receiver to handle centerfires...

Except they- being the Optima, Optima Pro, and Wolf 209-  can be bought and sold without using an FFL as it's actually a ML?

I am sure this will come up later in the future over and over again so I figured it best to get this out of the way early ::)

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 08:35:14 AM »
Sorry I guess I should have clarified that, I meant Optima Elite.

So I suppose the difference from the Optima Pro, Optimas as well as the budget Wolf 209
and the Optima Elite line is kinda like the SB-1 and SB-2 thing with NEF's right?
With the Elite line being treated and a much stronger receiver to handle centerfires...

Except they- being the Optima, Optima Pro, and Wolf 209-  can be bought and sold without using an FFL as it's actually a ML?

I am sure this will come up later in the future over and over again so I figured it best to get this out of the way early ::)

Yup...The Elite barrels won't even fit the other frames according to the C/S folks...They designed the center fire barrels longer than the other barrels...You have to fill out the 4473 form when buying the Elites as well...

Mac