Author Topic: Scary but True.  (Read 1975 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Scary but True.
« on: February 06, 2007, 02:57:50 AM »
Food for thought!

Wherever you stand, please take the time to read this; it ought to scare the pants off you!

We know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an immigration overpopulation conference in Washington, DC, filled to capacity by many of America's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor by the name of Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, "Mexifornia," explaining how immigration - both legal and illegal was destroying the entire state of California. He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America. The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States. He said, "If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America. It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.'"

"Here is how they do it," Lamm said: "First, to destroy America, turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country." History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar, Seymour Lipset, put it this way: "The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy." Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, and Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans.".

Lamm went on: Second, to destroy America, "Invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. Make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. Make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due solely to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

Third, "We could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: "The apparent success of our own multiethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentricity and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together."
Lamm said, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America enforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities."

"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school."

"My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.' I would get all minorities to think that their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population."

"My sixth plan for America's downfall would include dual citizenship, and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common Language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games. A common enemy, Persia, threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell. "E. Pluribus Unum" --From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we will balkanize America as surely as Kosovo."

"Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits; make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate. Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-culturism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America, it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them."

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said,. "Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book "Mexifornia." His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America. If you feel America. deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book."

There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Even barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America - take note of California and other states - to date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book "1984." In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: "War is peace," "Freedom is slavery," and "Ignorance is strength."

Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy is deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path especially The American Dream.

If you care for and love our country as I do, take the time to pass this on just as I did for you. NOTHING is going to happen if you don't.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Scary but True.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 08:45:50 AM »
All the above issues are alive and well, not just in California, Arizonia, New Mexico, and Texas, but here in Alaska as well.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 08:57:31 AM »
Sent this to our local talk show host.  Will see if he takes it up.  He usually grabs something like this and runs with it for two or three days.  The nice thing is that our elected officials in DC sometimes listen to his show to get the feeling of what's happening at home.   Rog
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 11:57:52 AM »
You say LAST WEEK however this exact same thing was posted here many months ago and I'm not so sure it wasn't also posted over a year ago or something very similar but the EXACT same thing posted months ago. I now wonder if this one really happened or if maybe it's another of those "urban legends" the internet is so famous for.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline joshco84

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 04:37:16 PM »
that may be true Mr. Graybeard, but answer me this.  Why do i have to press one to hear english?  There should not be an option otherwise.  There is absolutely no reason that we should change our language for immigrants.  Do they go out of there way to speak english to you when you go on vacation to mexico?  Not trying to be mean, but there should be a tower every 800 yards along the southern border with two men in it: one to shoot east 400 yards, and one to shoot west 400 yards.  Just my opinion though, and i am not racist or hateful towards these people.  We have a young man a few years older than me at work and he is actually taking english classes to better himself at work.  He in no way expects us to accomodate him, he just wants a better life and is doing what it takes to become an official US citizen in my book.  Not just another person with permanent papers.  In all actuality, he is a very nice guy, and a great worker.

josh
Smells like country, Tastes like rock and roll...... Want to find out more??? www.crosscanadianragweed.com  The all time greatest band ever.

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 06:38:23 PM »
I just checked on Snopes, and they have it as being true. It was a 5 minute speech he gave in DC a year and a half ago.
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline jhm

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 03:38:11 AM »
Joshco84:  I just got back from a Vacation to Mexico have been there several times, and the Mexican people do a better job of speaking english than the people in this country do speaking their Language, Dont get me wrong I am against ILLEGALS in this country and any policies that give away anything to anyone who hasnt paid into the system for a lifetime (welfare, medi-care, social security, free tuition, etc.  etc.) Dont judge all books in the Library by the ones on the counters.   JIM

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 05:18:28 AM »
First off, let me say illegal is illegal and it is wrong. 
However, I'd trade the whole lot of our home-grown easy-ridin', won't-work-if-you-gave-them-a-job welfare kings and queens for the hard working mexican labourers I've seen.
As far as the language goes, listen to some of these multi-millionaire sports stars try to speak english.  And many of those have college degrees.  ;)

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 05:45:19 AM »
It makes no difference when the speech was given.  Read the post, afterwards you will agree this is a valid plan for destroying America.  Last week, last month, or last year, this information needs to be kept in the minds of those of us who wish to preserve America.

The post is a description of the actions being taken to destroy this country. The question is, What do you intend to do about it?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 10:18:09 AM »
I just checked on Snopes, and they have it as being true. It was a 5 minute speech he gave in DC a year and a half ago.

Now that sounds very reasonable as I knew it was at least a year ago when I first saw this posted. I'm not in disagreement with it at all but when I continue to see the same exact thing quoted month after month and year after year and each time saying it JUST NOW HAPPENED I begin to doubt what is and isn't true regarding it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline kennyd

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 02:15:02 AM »
Lamm was a bright spot in Colorado.  Didn't agree with him all the time, but he has common sense.  Too bad he wasn't put up to run for President.  I am afraid that what he has said isn't "happening", but is already pretty well done.  All these kids born here are citizens. 

"Americans should be taking the hood of their heads " ??  We may see a resurgence of those who do wear hoods.  This is NOT a call for it, or a condoning if it.
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you

Offline AiredaleTerrier

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 04:20:02 PM »
beemanbeme:

"However, I'd trade the whole lot of our home-grown easy-ridin', won't-work-if-you-gave-them-a-job welfare kings and queens for the hard working mexican labourers I've seen." 

Nice one, beeman.  I don't know what you do for a living, but I don't think you work with your hands.  These "hard working mexican laborers" are part of the reason the middle class is becoming poverty.  Unions work hard to make this country great.  Your "laborers" are breaking down every condition that hard working Americans fought for and continue to fight for.  I'm not a supporter of welfare abusers, but I sure wouldn't trade them for "mexican laborers".  Foreign labor is not good for this country at all.  Big business loves cheap labor. 

No offense, beeman, but I know hardworking union craftsmen are against "mexican labor".  When union factories close, unions lose members.  Less members means less voice.  I think factories are allowed to go overseas for several reasons, breaking unions being one of them.  None benefit the American people.  Carhartt left the country, but their products haven't gotten any cheaper.  Their factories were also union.

Union craftsmen work VERY HARD EVERYDAY.  Please don't insult them by trading the welfare abusers of the country for immigrant workers.   
Handis:  357Mag, 7.62x39, 25-06, 308, 17m2, 20ga...

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 06:18:58 PM »
First off, let me say illegal is illegal and it is wrong. 
However, I'd trade the whole lot of our home-grown easy-ridin', won't-work-if-you-gave-them-a-job welfare kings and queens for the hard working mexican labourers I've seen.
As far as the language goes, listen to some of these multi-millionaire sports stars try to speak english.  And many of those have college degrees.  ;)

Well said Beemanbeme.  As far as unions go they served their purpose early on, but have not evolved or adapted to changing conditions.  I'm not saying there aren't good hard working individuals in unions, but as a whole unions have cost their members more than they brought to the table. 

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 01:54:55 AM »
 Sad but very true indeed. The smal town I live in, in Southern MN is over run with illegals. They are forcing our children to take spanish in our school system.The part our county budget for human services is larger than the budget for all other county services combined. They are being piped up here for cheap labor in food factories here.

Illegal immigration must be stopped now! All the criminal invaders must be captured and deported. >:(
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline AiredaleTerrier

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 11:18:37 AM »
I'm sorry, Ramos, I disagree.  Unions can't evolve if government won't allow them to.  Unions do bring a lot to the table.  They also give a lot back to the community.  Their members also have time to give back to the community because they are not required to work long hours to make a decent living.  I'm happy to pay my union dues.  They are a small price to pay for what I get in return.  The union puts a lot on my table.

Billy, I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.  It is ludicrous for our children to have to learn how to communicate with illegals.  I also think Dora the Explorer is a wolf in sheep's clothing.   
Handis:  357Mag, 7.62x39, 25-06, 308, 17m2, 20ga...

Offline Guy Pike

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 01:30:25 AM »
Serious question: How do they manage to hold Switzerland together being tri-lingual and not having a single native tongue. All the Swiss I have met are at least bi-lingual. Spanish in Minnesota? I will e-mail my freind Knute Knaaakergaard and get his opinion!
You can't beat a Cerberus!

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 04:33:06 AM »
I'm sorry, Ramos, I disagree.  Unions can't evolve if government won't allow them to.  Unions do bring a lot to the table.  They also give a lot back to the community.  Their members also have time to give back to the community because they are not required to work long hours to make a decent living.  I'm happy to pay my union dues.  They are a small price to pay for what I get in return.  The union puts a lot on my table.

Billy, I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.  It is ludicrous for our children to have to learn how to communicate with illegals.  I also think Dora the Explorer is a wolf in sheep's clothing.   

No need to be sorry.  I can't say the same for my experience working for UPS in the early 90's.  I will agree that illegals - all illegal aliens - need to beported and prevented from coming into our country illegaly.  Being bi-lingual myself I believe it's an asset to have as an individual.  Our world has gotten much smaller and there is a much greater chance that you'll be called upon to know another language.  I'll be the first to agree that if you are in the U.S. you need to speak english.  It's beyond me why we have not made english the official language of the U.S.  ???

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 05:12:25 AM »
"they are forcing our kids to learn spanish", "the government won't let the unions evolve". I have a lot of problems with remarks like these.  On the first hand, it's no problem if a kid learns spanish or any foreign language, but, aside from that, who is "they".  Every where I turn "they" are doing bad things.  I haven't any kids in school any longer but here in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia, motto: only Mississippi has a lower literacy rate than us, the folks complain about "they" and what a poor job the teachers are doing and what sort of rot "they're" teaching and I ask them when was the last time they were at a PTA meeting?  How many school board meetings have they attended? Did they write letters to the School Superintendent or their elected officials telling of their dissatisfaction with the calibre of the teachers and the kid's subject matter?  You know the answer. 
The unions in America are more a result of the laws enacted and the actions of the NLB tihan the workers wanting a union.  And if you read a bit of history about the coersive tactics and corruption of the unions you can understand why, given a choice between joining the union or ending up in a ditch with your head split, the workers signed up readidly.  And, of course, the promise of "more money for less work" was attractive to a certain level of workers.  Whether or not the unions have outlived their usefulness is debatable but their thug tactics from the 30's isn't playing too well in modern times.  Just how has the government ("they") prevented the unions from evolving?
I worked around and with (not in) unions for 40 years and IMO "hard working" and "union" is a oxymoron. In the break room, union types don't brag about how much they've accomplished, but rather, they brag about how little they've done and how they've screwed "the man".  Sorry, my Dad was union but that was a long time ago.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 05:45:49 AM »
"they are forcing our kids to learn spanish", "the government won't let the unions evolve". I have a lot of problems with remarks like these.  On the first hand, it's no problem if a kid learns spanish or any foreign language, but, aside from that, who is "they".  Every where I turn "they" are doing bad things.  I haven't any kids in school any longer but here in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia, motto: only Mississippi has a lower literacy rate than us, the folks complain about "they" and what a poor job the teachers are doing and what sort of rot "they're" teaching and I ask them when was the last time they were at a PTA meeting?  How many school board meetings have they attended? Did they write letters to the School Superintendent or their elected officials telling of their dissatisfaction with the calibre of the teachers and the kid's subject matter?  You know the answer. 
The unions in America are more a result of the laws enacted and the actions of the NLB tihan the workers wanting a union.  And if you read a bit of history about the coersive tactics and corruption of the unions you can understand why, given a choice between joining the union or ending up in a ditch with your head split, the workers signed up readidly.  And, of course, the promise of "more money for less work" was attractive to a certain level of workers.  Whether or not the unions have outlived their usefulness is debatable but their thug tactics from the 30's isn't playing too well in modern times.  Just how has the government ("they") prevented the unions from evolving?
I worked around and with (not in) unions for 40 years and IMO "hard working" and "union" is a oxymoron. In the break room, union types don't brag about how much they've accomplished, but rather, they brag about how little they've done and how they've screwed "the man".  Sorry, my Dad was union but that was a long time ago.

Great post, I was wondering if someone would call him on those statements.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 08:16:30 AM »
TM7, to say that the gov'ment functionaries are union only reinforces my claim.  For if there is a more DISfunctional group of people than the gov'ment workers, i've yet to see it.   ;)
I don't see how "there are screw offs in other facets besides unions" is an excuse.  Folks always seem to pick out the lamest, slowest individual and point him out.  "See, see, I'm sharper, faster than Charlie".  They never seem to pick out a real fireball and say, "let me watch him and see what he does to be so sharp so I can be more like him".