Author Topic: 1380 lbs of lineotype today  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
1380 lbs of lineotype today
« on: February 12, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »
Could have got about 500 more but the truck was squating and i had a 300 mile trip back home. Nice stuff lots of stereotype and monotype mixed in with it.
blue lives matter

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: 1380 lbs of lineotype today
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:45:12 PM »
Lloyd - I'd have to line up a double truss just thinkin' about doing something like that.  Your poor truck.  Whatcha gonna cast out now?????????  Mikey.

Offline Camel 23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 02:50:28 PM »
Nice!   ;D

Offline Awf Hand

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 02:25:46 AM »
You know, a fellow like you who shoots as much lead as you do should consider a bullet catcher.  I think this type of recycling would serve you well.  :)
Just my Awf Hand comments...

Offline masek77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 02:43:29 AM »
Next time rent a full size Ford or Chevy. They can haul 4000 plus. Or you can get a cargo van and they can haul even more than that.

With my old Nissan I could barely haul 1500 pounds safely. Paying 50 to rent a vehicle allows me to double or even tripl my load capacity plus its not my vehicle and I save wear and tear on my vehicle.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 11:12:20 AM »
Ive got a full sized chev 1/2 ton and the major problem was alot of it was toward the rear of the truck. I looked at my tires squatting and my wallet draining and said enough
Next time rent a full size Ford or Chevy. They can haul 4000 plus. Or you can get a cargo van and they can haul even more than that.

With my old Nissan I could barely haul 1500 pounds safely. Paying 50 to rent a vehicle allows me to double or even tripl my load capacity plus its not my vehicle and I save wear and tear on my vehicle.
blue lives matter

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »
Back when an '83 Silverado was a new truck I bought one to haul rocks, sand, gravel and such for a huge wall I was building. It took me years with the help of both Bob my oldest son and Matt the #2 son aka GBO Webmaster. They came to call it the Great Wall of Saks as that's where we lived.

One day I went to get sand and the guy came over with one of those HUGE front end loaders full of sand to load me. He had almost as much as I felt the truck was up to but I wanted just a wee smiggen more so I motioned him to add a bit more. When he did at least 1000 pounds dumped all at once. You should have seen me waving him off frantically to keep him from dumping anymore and breaking my new truck.

At the weight station I had 3800 pounds of sand on the back of that 1/2 ton truck. The front tires were almost off the ground it was so light in front. It's sure a good thing I had only about 3 miles to drive. I hauled some totally unreasonable loads in that old truck when it would run. It stayed at the shop more than it did at home and no I don't think it was because I abused it but I certainly did do that.

With less than 300 miles on it I lost the brakes coming off the highest mountain in Alabama (Cheaha) with a load of rocks that had to weight well over a ton. It spent about a week in the shop that time. Before it had 3000 on it the transmission died, that time it stayed at the hospital three weeks. The engine never right but one day the whole time I had it. One lousy day out of maybe a year and a half I kept trying to get it fixed. I sure can't say much for the truck but the dealer sure took care of me as I always left with a loaner every time it stayed over night.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline flintman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 05:38:43 PM »
 lotrdy Graybeard youz shore wuff on truks!
 Jeff. ;D
John 3:16

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 10:57:58 PM »
these new trucks are made to ride like a car not work like a truck. Just look at the sad tires they put on them at the factory.  I would be ashamed to use the tires that came on mine on a impala in the winter. I changed mine before it even left the showroom. I thought about a 3/4 ton this time. I guess its about what a guy has to do to haul something anymore.
blue lives matter