Author Topic: aint it great ,,,hows everyone doin in this snow on tuesday?  (Read 1185 times)

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
aint it great ,,,hows everyone doin in this snow on tuesday?
« on: February 13, 2007, 08:59:24 AM »
everyone  snowed in again????

Offline Ratltrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: aint it great ,,,hows everyone doin in this snow on tuesday?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 09:03:06 AM »
Not hardly. We only got about 8" last eve. Berms are getting a bit high for the snowblower - again. May have to call in the loader one more time before the thaw.

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 05:44:41 PM »
Plow has only been down the road 2 or 3 times today , got a 5 foot drift across the driveway , come morning i'll fire up the tractor and make it go away , till then my butt is in the house .  ;D  ;)  :D  :)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 05:58:37 PM »
Shaner,

Snow is ok, but it kept switching from snow to sleet to freezing rain and back again here all day. Then they came by and plowed the main street and dumped it over into the access road that runs in front of my place. So I took the night off and fired up the grill and cooked backstrap for dinner  ;D

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 01:15:13 AM »
yeah i heard west of us was nasty , over yur way stimply i heard blizzard conditions? and something about a radio station gettin its tower blown over,? here we had snow an lots of it,  last count i heard 10-12 in, i know its all that , i shoveled 3x's yesterday triedto go to work in the morning tried  about 11 got stuck about 1/2 mile aways got it out and said  iam home for the day,, not real sure yet this morning how iam goin to  do??

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 06:09:33 AM »
the ice was really bad last night and early this am here in eastern OH. the college where i work closed and they never close! Looks like we are inside today...its nasty outside still.
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 07:28:26 AM »
jal u keep that ice i had to deal with that a few years back at christmas time,  got a foot of  snow and  a ice storm, power was out in place over 7 days, and just to say it sucked bigtime  is bein nice

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 07:51:46 PM »

Yep, ice sucks a big one. And people wonder why I have a generator at my place living in the city and all... When the power goes out it doesn't care where you live.

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline BIG Dog454

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 06:48:00 AM »
And ya mean that nobody called FEMA to get us out of that mess, No gov. aid, no rescue hellocopters. And we survived!!  I guess we can take care of ourselves, a little inconvience but no big thing; no matter what the media says.

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 07:11:13 AM »
Well the sun has been shining and i can see the stones in the drive , now comes the fun , next week its going to be 40 and rain , here comes the floods .  >:(  >:(

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 12:07:18 PM »
stimpy you had to go and say the R-word!
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 02:27:02 PM »
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!! not the rain,,, oh man

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 06:57:30 PM »

Please tell me he didn't use the R word!

They came by and plowed my street while I was at work the other night, had a nice wall of hard packed snow/ice blocking the driveway when I got home.... Stupid me backed up and took a run at it, got the truck stuck high centered..... Oh well shovel and 3 hours had it out again.... I knew I should have got a 4x4 and not a 2x4 truck.....

Greg

NRA Life Member
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 05:06:46 AM »
Greg- once I traded up for a 4x4 truck I never looked back. How did I manage without it all those years?

I plan to go out and call some yotes this afternoon at least for a little while, I am stir crazy sitting in the house.

Joe

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 03:44:51 PM »
Joe,

I used to have a 4x4, but didn't get one the last time. If ya get some yotes post a new message in this area and share some pictures  ;D

Gre
NRA Life Member
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 06:36:31 AM »
Greg-
still lookin for that 1st one!
called in two new spots yesterday with no result and went back to the spot I had called in two the other week and never had a decent shot, used new calling routine but saw nothing.

Still better than being inside.  It isn't always about filling a tag or getting an animal for me, especially more so since my heart surgery last year.  I am just thankful to be alive and enjoying my activities and family, thank God.

Joe

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 10:59:50 AM »
Joe

Glad to hear that you are doing ok , and yes sometimes its just good enough to be out even if you don't see a thing , some of my most fun trips were a day with no game taken but well worth the trip .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 09:05:03 AM »
Greg-
still lookin for that 1st one!
called in two new spots yesterday with no result and went back to the spot I had called in two the other week and never had a decent shot, used new calling routine but saw nothing.

Still better than being inside.  It isn't always about filling a tag or getting an animal for me, especially more so since my heart surgery last year.  I am just thankful to be alive and enjoying my activities and family, thank God.

Joe

Joe,

Have to agree with you on that one, I am still a young guy, but I had to go under the knife a few years back, had an angioplasty done. No fun at all, but I finally quit smoking and I have been working hard to get my health back into shape. Right now I am thankful for every day that I wake up, even more so if I get to go out into the woods or go to the range.

Greg
NRA Life Member
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 12:06:47 PM »
greg-
keep working at getting your health back into good shape! It is amazing what the docs can do but we have to do our part.

Joe