Author Topic: Restore the Constitution Act of 2007  (Read 926 times)

TM7

Restore the Constitution Act of 2007
« on: February 14, 2007, 02:49:12 AM »
Well....this is interesting and from a Democrat.
http://restore-habeas.org/

.....TM7

Offline WylieKy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Restore the Constitution Act of 2007
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 03:14:19 AM »
Nice name to a crap proposal.  I think that the issues addressed here is the least important or our Constitutional infringements.  I think this is more of a slap in the face of Bush and Republicans than anything else.

WylieKy
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 03:29:32 AM »
Yep, feel good propaganda from the ultra liberals. 

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 04:48:28 AM »
I think it is a good idea to restore the Constitution in concept and there is no doubt in my mind that the Patriot Acts and this Military Commissions Act are very very dangerous to our way of life and happiness.. Dodd should want to restore the entire Bill of Rights especially, except he's an avowed anti-gunner and no doubt has a political agenda. As for Bush--he's an easy target these days

.......TM7

I agree with all of that 100%.  However,I think anything out of the mouth of almost any Democrat or Republican politician is Propaganda.  Also, I don't think Bush got over on anyone.  If there was a conspiracy, I think they were all in on it! 

WylieKy
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 06:08:05 AM »
I agree that this is a crap proposal.  Unfortunately, we're in for a lot more of this thanks to the mistakes made by the Republican party.  The Democrats are now going to go to the other extreme.  America, I believe, has false hopes the Democrats will be the answer.  In the end I think we're all hosed.  Neither party is trust-worthy anymore!   >:(

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 04:10:13 PM »
I have to agree with Ramos.  This country is in bad shape, and getting worst everyday, neither the Demos or Repubs are doing anything to get the train back on track.  I don't know why, but it seems both parties have put this county on a suscide course, and there is no turning back.

As I see it, it is US, "we the perople" that allowed it to happen.  Too many of us set back and complain about how this government is run, but too few let their position be know to the elected officals who have the power to change it.  When something goes against the grain, get on the phone, send an e-mail, write a letter, or tell them face to face that you are not satisfyed with the way they are running this country, and that your vote will be placed accordingly at the next election.  If we don't act they will establish laws and run the country the way they want to, and say to hell with us bercause we will vote them back in next election.

Offline dave375hh

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 03:50:54 AM »
This is just another effort by the Demoncraps to re-open the constution so that they can remove the parts they don't like. Which would be the 1st,2nd,4th, & 10th ammendments. Think about our lifestyle with out these safeguards in place.
Dave375HH

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 10:51:24 AM »
If you like this, maybe I can get a sponsorship to read the Constitution to Chris Dodd every night before he goes to bed. He's been one of my Senators for many years, but apparently he has an old, tattered copy of the Constitution that's missing the Second Amendment, and quite a few other parts, too.

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 03:27:12 AM »
"If you like this, maybe I can get a sponsorship to read the Constitution to Chris Dodd every night before he goes to bed. He's been one of my Senators for many years, but apparently he has an old, tattered copy of the Constitution that's missing the Second Amendment, and quite a few other parts, too."

Probably the same copy his dad used when he copied the Hitler Gun Control Act of 1968.  We were fortunately able to get his dad out of office early. 

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 03:43:12 AM »
 Restore the constitution? This guy has done nothing but try to destroy the parts of the constitution that do not go with his communist agenda. He is part of the blame America first crowd. It is sick that people like him are elected to office. Guys like him are akin to the guy who burns down his house to keep the wife from getting it in a divorce. America needs to purge itself of these communist traitors.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 10:18:12 AM »
I sent him an e-mail.  I asked "Are you nutts, or just plain stupid".  Now we will wait and see what his response is, if he responds.  Rog
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 02:04:11 PM »
This is just another effort by the Demoncraps to re-open the constution so that they can remove the parts they don't like. Which would be the 1st,2nd,4th, & 10th ammendments. Think about our lifestyle with out these safeguards in place.

Don't forget the IXth.  Its the one that says we have rights not enumerated or granted by the Constitution and belong to the people.  The Demonrats would not want to miss revising this one, either.  A little tongue in cheek and a lot of apprehension.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.